Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I'm told March is Women's History Month. Go make me a sammich.

Mirah

I love you
My "randomness" today is this:

I'm not ready for the light
Last night the lights stayed on until nearly 6 PM
I could still see the outline of the trees until 6:15
Now people are all happy and ecstatic "I can do stuff outside later!"
Fuckers!
I wasn't done brooding the darkness of winter
I need more Time!

Mirah

I love you
I sit here in my pajamas an hour before I really need to get up. I could be sipping coffee or eating an early breakfast. I already fed the cat and made a fire.

But what is up with those fuckers that get up so early, maybe 5 AM, 6 AM and all they are doing is drinking coffee and maybe reading the paper. They like to brag about that shit. "I've been up since 5 AM!"
Yeah, and all you've been doing is sitting there.
When I wake up I like to be productive, move around otherwise I feel like I"ll fall back asleep.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It's "Wookiee."

Mirah

I love you
Did I ever tell you my connection with the person who brought that statue over?

I had lunch at thier house when the statue was laying on its side in its yard.

They gave me a coffee grinder from Czech and I still have it.

Last edited:

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
When I die, I want to be buried with a nickel-plated .357. Then, if I'm ever dug up, anthropologists will refer to me as "Chrome Magnum Man."

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Modern men's fashion is the result of an English guy without enough money in the 19th century.

In the animal kingdom, males have the fancy colors to attract mates while females are drab to make them less likely to be seen and eaten by predators. In humans it's the other way around (maybe not the predator part, but maybe--who knows?) It didn't used to be this way. If you read Shakespeare, there's a lot of admiring men's legs. If you look at Renaissance Faire costumes, the men have the fancier outfits (even factoring in the bustier thing that is so popular).

Well all this happened because of Beau Brummel, who was basically the original version of an "influencer." Well he didn't have the money for all the fancy clothes his peers were wearing, so he started showing up at parties dressed in basic black. This caught on and eventually involved into white tie and black tie. Now women wear all the sexy extravagant clothes while men wear a restrained black and white uniform to focus attention on their date.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I don't know whether to thank him or piss on his grave.

I guess men's fashion peaked with Johnny Cash.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
It was as I watched the guy in a baseball cap, "Bride of Chuckie" hoodie, and...fuck, I've blocked what the themed pajama bottoms were...and knockoff Crocs with flames on them at the supermarket that I realized we have reached "Idiocracy."