Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
The "shoe" company, Crocs, was founded in 2002.

Leonard Nimoy died in 2015.

So it is theoretically possible an auction would be selling Spock's Crocs.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I read a thing about the origin of the prop cars for "Knight Rider" that is arguably cooler than the actual premise of the show: In trying to figure out how to get the cars to the studio, at some point Pontiac just called the prop department and said "There will be 4 Pontiac Trans Ams parked at this location at this time, with the keys in the ignition. There are no titles or paperwork. Just take them, they're yours."

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Can't help but feel a little sorry for King Charles. Next in line to be King for the better part of a century but his Mom just keeps on living and living and not abdicating. When he finally gets to be King, not only is he too old to enjoy it, but within a year he finds out he has cancer. He's like Pope John Paul I.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I'm-a start referring to the Civil War as the "First Civil War," and if anyone asks me what I mean by "first," act embarrassed, ask what year it is, and change the subject. (I'm presently reading a book by a WWI officer that keeps referring to "the World War.")

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I like those episodes of Murder, She Wrote where Jessica's friend or the local cop turns out to be the killer. You can't do them too often (twice a season AT MOST), but the surprise when they do happen!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Awesome terrible idea: Lord of the Rings theme park in New Zealand. It would be kind of like Disneyland, in that you'd have different "lands" within the park. Just mirror the locations of the book: The Shire, Rivendell, Moria, Rohan, Galadrial's Wood, Gondor, Isengard, even Mordor. Include some of the intermediary places like the Prancing Pony, Weathertop, the stone trolls, the Bruinen ford, the statues of the Kings, Shelob's lair, etc. Heck, maybe even the woods with Tom Bombadil and the wight barrows. Have a Moria Mine Ride coaster with the Balrog at the end; an eagle flight coaster and if you can hit the crater of Mt. Doom with your ring you get a free ride, etc.

Of course it would cost a butt-ton to build and New Zealand is in the middle of nowhere so you wouldn't have as many customers as you could. I dunno, maybe augment it with a Hercules/Xena theme park.

CaptainWacky

You can visit Hobbiton.

But yeah theyr're probably not going to turn the whole country into a full scale Middle Earth and force the entire population to dress up as evles, dwarves, orcs, etc...even though they should.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
As I was mulling slavery reparations, it made me wonder if the Civil War could've been avoided if the Federal Government had just bought all the slaves and freed them. It also made me wonder if that would've been less expensive than the Civil War.

CaptainWacky

We should just have developed robot slaves eariler.

CaptainWacky

Kat Dennings isn't even a Dennings!