What game are you playing on a Nintendo console at the moment?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I'd definitely recommend playing Persona 5: Strikers at some point. Obviously the gameplay is very different but the story is a really good follow-up to Persona 5 and it has the benefit of having all of the characters already introduced at the start. From what I remember it (mostly) stays away from some of the icky stuff from Persona 5.

I started playing that Metroid Prime and it seems pretty good!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I've just started Fire Emblem and that will take a while, so I might not start anything else big before Tears of the Kingdom. But yeah I do want to play Strikers in the future! (And Metroid, really.)

I've watched clips of the weird dancing game on youtube lol.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
The dancing game is fun if you like dancing game but it doesn't really have a story and what story is there is basically a follow-up to the Persona 4 dancing game. There's also a Persona 3 dancing game that technically takes place the same time as the Persona 5 dancing game but I haven't played that as I never played Persona 3.

There's also the fighting games but they only have Persona 3 and 4 characters.

CaptainWacky

i'm skipping the cutscenes. it's a really good fire emblem game where you move your units around and they fight the other units. the plot is absolute shit but I don't care.

I'm still pretty early on and enjoying it a lot. There was a moment (chapter 8 or so?) where I thought I had totally fucked up and would never be able to kill the boss, because they were surrounded by other powerful enemies AND had one of those resurrection stone things. So I just thought "fuck it" and threw everyone into range, knowing I could use the time crystal or just restart the stage if anyone died. Then I remembered "oh yeah I have those emblem rings!" and used all their powers to damage the boss. They still weren't dead but I "broke" them using the weapons' triangle, so I ended up just finishing them off with a really weak unit who only had 1 hp left or something. It was satisfying; it's a good game.

Hiya papaya.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

THANK YOU, AONUMA-SAN.

CaptainWacky

I am playing The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap.

CaptainWacky

Wow, Minish Cap is a great game. At first I thought it was going to be over quick (only four dungeons?!) but there's SO MUCH stuff in it. Like I'll probably never do all the Kinstone matches and definitely not the figurine stuff, but it's cool how involved the sidequests are and how many great characters they packed in. Plays very well too but one complaint: I really wish Nintendo had put X and Y buttons on the GBA because constantly switching items is annoying!

CaptainWacky

Happy So Excited GIF

CaptainWacky

When she said "It's something only I can do..." I really thought it was going to cut to PLAYABLE ZELDA SECTION.

SAUSAGEMAN

Link doesn't seem to have his abilities from the last game, but Nintendo have released art of Zelda in possession of the Sheikah Slate!!

CaptainWacky

Aaaargh, what, that's pretty close to Tears of the Kingdom! But maybe it won't take too long to finish.

Those northern accents lol.

(I'm playing A Link To The Past at the moment, it holds up!)

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Dunban's house made me sad.

SAUSAGEMAN

i was very happy to see colony 9 again, and that very high park that you can jump down from that gives me actual vertigo

CaptainWacky

I knew they'd reference the sandwich.