What game are you playing on a Nintendo console at the moment?

SAUSAGEMAN

fr i like p4 a lot more than 5, i couldn't get into the characters or plot of 5 at all but i understand that's a minority opinion.

but man do i like the world and vibe and music of every single persona game. i just stop playing them after 40 hours instead of the 100 hours it would take to beat them.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
P4 is awesome. I love it. I've been playing Persona 5: Royal for the last week and it's really good as well. I still prefer the cast of P4 so far and I doubt this is going to change (Chie is waifu 4 lyfe) but P5 does have a lot of QoL and is a more refined experience.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The PE teacher seems rapey.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Is it available through switch?

jack

I am playing Mario+Rabbids: Sparks Of Hope.
I played that when it came out for free for a month in August on Switch. I kind of liked it but didn't spend enough time on it.

I'm going to check out persona though...

jack

Munch's Odyssee (oddworld series)

This is why I LOVE Nintendo. It's just the kind of game I enjoy spending a couple hours with.

Tough but fun.

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
The PE teacher seems rapey.
doctor who spoilers GIF

Ishcabittle

we just bought a switch for the kids. If you had to pick the one game that would absolutely thrill them, what would it be?

jack

That new mario game with the plants

CaptainWacky

we just bought a switch for the kids. If you had to pick the one game that would absolutely thrill them, what would it be?

Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario 3d World + Bowser’s Fury
(more straightforward than Odyseey and has multiplayer)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Luigi's Mansion 3
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
The Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild
(maybe not for the youngest ones)

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is probably really popular with kids but maybe not exactly "thrilling." I'd think Splatoon (2 and 3 are on Switch) would be liked by kids if they're into online paint-based shooters, but it seems to be mostly popular with like non-binary teenagers and 40 year old autistic men me.

CaptainWacky

It's interesting comparing the Shibuya in P5 with the Shibuya in Neo: TWEWY!

CaptainWacky

If their parents really loved them they would have got one Christmas '97.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Boomers were always 1-2 years late on any trend beyond color TV.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Shiggsy is for the kids.

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
I'm going to get a new battery for my Switch Lite, so I can actually play this damn thing without it draining in an hour. I should have just held out for a full Switch, but I bought it when the Pandemic was just starting out. Eh, hindsight...

jack

I'm going to get a new battery for my Switch Lite, so I can actually play this damn thing without it draining in an hour. I should have just held out for a full Switch, but I bought it when the Pandemic was just starting out. Eh, hindsight...
I love my switch. Playing Super Mario 64 currently.

CaptainWacky

Okay so when I'm playing something on Switch, I usually just put the console to sleep so I can pick up where I left off. It's a very useful feature! I've been playing nothing but P5R for a while now. I haven't been manurally saving the game because WHY WOULD I...

I turned it on today and got an error message, something like "software closed due to error." NO BIG DEAL, or so I thought. Surely I'd just pick up from the latest autosave...

WHAT KIND OF FUCKING GAME IN THE YEAR 2023 DOESN'T HAVE AUTOSAVE? PERSONA FUCKING 5 ROYAL, THAT'S WHAT.

So my latest saved was in Futuaba's palace before the boss. I'd done that sometime in early August (in game, obviously not real life) and had played all the way up to when Haru joins and Morgana rejoins near the end of September. I lost seven weeks of in game time/probably seven hours real time.

The worst part is this section of the game was feeling A BIT of a slog with tons of cutscenes in Hawaii then tons more for the Morgana storyline. For a long time I wouldn't have been able to save even if I'd wanted to. I'd only just gotten control back but oops now I have to go through all that again! I know you can fast forward the cutscenes but there doesn't seem to be a way to skip them entirely. This is not good!

I understand not having autosave in the palaces, and luckily for me I was using the safe rooms just in case I fucked something up. But I can see no reason at all not to have the game autosave after making me watch two hours of cutscenes. And who even thinks to save before suspending the game; the Switch is supposed to just start up again!

Because I did Furtaba's palace early in August I'd done a shitload of confidant stuff before the Hawaii trip and now I have to do all that again (plus getting various jobs to track down leads for Mementos.

PLUS PUT AN AUTOSAVE IN PERSONA 6 FOR WHEN I PLAY IT ON SWITCH 2 IN 2033, ATLUS.