Some movies watched in 2022

whisky

Boobie inspector
Ambulance 2022.

It's a Michael Bay film, some good drone shots, but even for someone who grew up watching the a team there were too many car flips.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I saw a trailer for a movie named 'Plane' before Wakanda Forever. It looked bad.

CaptainWacky

Well alrighty then.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The batman.

It feels like it should be good, but it also feels like it's trying too hard sometimes.

If I want to watch the godfather I'll watch the godfather, I don't want to watch a batman film were the riddler is just a maguffin between waring mafia bosses and corrupt cops.

Also they had a real legitimate reason to have a batboat and didn't go for it.

CaptainWacky

I enjoyed it.

CaptainWacky

The Unbearable Weight Of Massive Talent (2022) - It's good but not quite what the trailer makes it out to be. I thought we'd maybe go a bit deeper into Nicolas Cage's character and career but because he's playing a fictional version of himself it never really feels like it's the "real" him opening up and it's more about his fictional relationship with his fictional daughter. It also just turns into an action movie in the end, and even though it lampshades it a bit it sitll happens! But the stuff with Cage and Pedro Pascal is a lot of funny and they have great friendship chemistry. The de-aged Nicky Cage was very funny too but probably could have been used more.

Mirah

I love you
Emily the criminal.
I can't say I enjoyed it.....but I'm glad I watched it and got to see Aubrey Plaza in a different sort of role.

CaptainWacky

See How They Run (2022) - Murder mystery set around Agatha Christie's 'The Moustrap.' It's not bad? Saoirse Ronan is the reason I watched it and the best thing about it. She's great. Sam Rockwell is always good but his character goes a bit too hard on "drunk, depressed detective" to the point where he doesn't get to have any fun until the end. It's pretty funny in places. I don't regret watching it.

Saleel Majeed

Metropolis (1927).

Freaky to think no one is still alive.

(One of the supporting cast members died in a concentration camp, sadly.)

CaptainWacky

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022) - It's very good. It's funny and has a lot of reveals and moments that recontextualise what we've already watched. Jeremy Renner's face got the biggest laugh for me, and a lot of Kate Hudson's lines.

They probably could have left the covid stuff out as it'll just age the movie and doesn't add much?

I thought it was kind of obvious who the villain is but...

It's not really meant to be a huge surprise when it's revealed, as Blanc says it's been staring us in the face all long. And it's very timely that he's literally Elon Musk.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022) - It's very good. It's funny and has a lot of reveals and moments that recontextualise what we've already watched. Jeremy Renner's face got the biggest laugh for me, and a lot of Kate Hudson's lines.

They probably could have left the covid stuff out as it'll just age the movie and doesn't add much?

I thought it was kind of obvious who the villain is but...

It's not really meant to be a huge surprise when it's revealed, as Blanc says it's been staring us in the face all long. And it's very timely that he's literally Elon Musk.
Yeah it is very good. I literally just finished watching this 20 minutes ago.