Some movies watched in 2022

whisky

Boobie inspector
I watched rocknroller, a Guy Richie gangster film. It wasn't one of his best.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers (2022) - Pretty good. There's a ton of cameos and references and I'm the right age to get them, so I appreciated that. Ugly Sonic was fun. But if you ingore all that the story is really simple and it's not really trying to do anything original or clever like Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I also wonder how many people have much nostalgia for CHIP 'N' DALE anyway. The cop in the movie seemed far too young to have watched it growing up. But yeah I enjoyed watching it!

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers (2022) - Pretty good. There's a ton of cameos and references and I'm the right age to get them, so I appreciated that. Ugly Sonic was fun. But if you ingore all that the story is really simple and it's not really trying to do anything original or clever like Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I also wonder how many people have much nostalgia for CHIP 'N' DALE anyway. The cop in the movie seemed far too young to have watched it growing up. But yeah I enjoyed watching it!
I have nostalgia for it. I used to love watching the Disney Afternoon. Hopefully they reboot Gargoyles and Gummi Bears next. It was good movie, though I wish they had reversed Dale's CGI surgery at the end.

CaptainWacky

HOW DID TOONS EVOLVE IN THIS WORLD, HOW COME THEY ALL GET CAST IN MOVIES AND TV SHOWS PLAYING CHARACTERS WITH THE SAME NAMES AND PERSONALITIES AS THEIR REAL SELVES, ETC.

CaptainWacky

Jumanji: The Next Level (2019) - I only watch this because it was on Channel 4 (I recorded it) and because I remember enjoying the first one for what it was. It was a decent video game type thing with Karen Gillan looking good and some comedy actors being mildly amusing. This sequel is...exactly the same. Like it's almost literally the same movie. I couldn't tell you which video game-y action setpieces were in this movie or the previous one because they've already all merged into one CGI slush in my mind. They try to switch it up ever so slightly by having The Rock play the avatar of Danny Devito. This might sound funny but in practice it isn't really that funny as The Rock isn't a particularly skilled comedy actor (or actor.) It would have been funnier to see Danny Devito play The Rock than the other way around. And otherwise it's just a slight remix of its prequel but without the few moments that elevated that. Like maybe there's some nice character stuff with the older characters art the end, but I got bored pretty quickly and was reading about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles online while watching. It's not even bad or anything, there's just no reason to watch it if you've seen the first one (unless you really like it and want more of the exact same.) Karen Gillan is still nice.

whisky

Boobie inspector
This film is the reason I knew who Aquafina was before Shan Chi.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
^ I liked it too, it was actually a little better than the first Downton movie. It had more plot, although once again it was stretched thin, and a lot of scenes were just random characters talking to move the plot along. As a writer, Julian Fellowes has become a hack in that sense. He invents subplots and situations just to get around the fact that an actor didn't want to appear in the movie, and it's obvious.

This one was also filled with inside jokes, most of which were funny. The whole storyline of a film being shot at Downton Abbey is uber-meta, and it was a little too cute at times, but I got pulled in anyway. Also that scene in the hat shop where the clerk mistakes Lady Bagshaw and Carson as husband and wife -- those two actors are married in real life.

Downton Abbey is like crack for me, so I will gobble up as many movies as they care to make. Timewise, they are approaching the Great Depression soon, so it would be interesting to see how the Crawleys are hit by the market crash...

CaptainWacky

The Gray Man (2022) - Well, no, this isn't a review. I put it on because it cost a lot of money and I pay for Netflix and felt they owed me. First thing that struck me was that it didn't really look all that spectacular considering how much it cost. Next thing that hit me was how completely free of personality it was. Ryan Gosling was just a guy. Chris Evans had an evil moustache at least. Ana de Armas is ridiculously good looking so that was something I thought would hold my interest. But I wasn't feeling the movie at all and after about half an hour just thought "I'm not in the mood for this" and watched two episodes of Superman & Lois instead. Maybe I'll finish the movie some day just to get it off my "continue watching" list. I could watch half an hour every Sunday.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
The Gray Man (2022) - Well, no, this isn't a review. I put it on because it cost a lot of money and I pay for Netflix and felt they owed me. First thing that struck me was that it didn't really look all that spectacular considering how much it cost. Next thing that hit me was how completely free of personality it was. Ryan Gosling was just a guy. Chris Evans had an evil moustache at least. Ana de Armas is ridiculously good looking so that was something I thought would hold my interest. But I wasn't feeling the movie at all and after about half an hour just thought "I'm not in the mood for this" and watched two episodes of Superman & Lois instead. Maybe I'll finish the movie some day just to get it off my "continue watching" list. I could watch half an hour every Sunday.
You can remove it from your continue watching list without finishing it if you really didn't like it.

CaptainWacky

That's cheating.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Gunpowder milkshake, decent enough shootem up, but suffers slightly by so desperately wanting to be John Wick.

CaptainWacky

Is that the one where Lena Headey plays Karen Gillan's mum, somehow.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The man from Torrento is a fun watch, not the best CGI ever, but so few films blow up real planes, and even less are not pretentious when they do.