Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Just ask Garfield!!!!!!!!!

CaptainWacky

WAS HIGGINS ROBIN MASTERS OR NOT!?!?!

CaptainWacky

That's not good enough.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
This is good news

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Among the things I'm working on right now is reading all of Shakespeare's plays. It's slow going but I'm making progress. Actually finishing up Henry IV, Part 2. So it was interesting, turning on Story Television (History Channel reruns) and seeing a bit on Prince Hal being shot in the face at the Battle of Shrewsbury.

Of course the definitive version of Henry V in my brain is the Kenneth Branaugh movie and of course he isn't hideously disfigured in it. And I don't remember Harry having any serious impediments in the plays I'm reading. According to the program, he gets shot in the face and when they try to remove the arrow, the shaft comes out but the head remains, so they enlist someone to devise a way to extract the arrowhead. Anyways, I fired up Wiki and the Battle of Shrewsbury is at the end of Henry IV: Part 1. And there is a line in that play where Prince Hal is wounded and his Dad tells him to leave the field but he says he won't go until the battle is won. So that must be the reference to this injury.

These kinds of documentaries often raise more questions than they answer. They did a digital 3D reconstruction of the prince, but what was their source? Did they have access to Henry V's skeleton? How did they decide on his musculature? Paintings? How do they know that the arrow took "the only possible path that wouldn't be lethal"? Simply because there is one non-lethal path and he survived?