The Mandalorian

whisky

Boobie inspector
Nice episode overall, weird pacing though, the bit with the rebel pilot dragged. Nice action scenes though. Do you think these were the first attempts to make Snoke?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I definitely thought they were trying to grow a Snoke, but it could also have been a clone body for Palpatine. I noticed the "M count" mention as well.

I wasn't really expecting to see Ahsoka this week anyway as they only mentioned her for the first time last week. They never get to stuff that fast.

"Says here you're from Alderaan. Did you lose anyone?" is a really dumb question considering the whole planet was destroyed.

I liked the protocol droid teacher.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I don't know what a Snoke is! lol

Great fighting scenes. Baby Yoda was even more adorable.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Mandalorian, Midichlorian. Midichlorian, Mandalorian.

CaptainWacky

I should have mentioned how good the big chase scene at the end was. I kind of take it for granted now that it's going to have movie quality action scenes every week, but this one was very well done by director Carl Weathers (hey he was in the episode too!)

whisky

Boobie inspector
Apparently you can see a bit of a guy wearing jeans a t shirt during the action scene in the base.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

whisky

Boobie inspector
It was good, she never quite felt like Asoka to me though. Did not realise till the end credits who a certain guest star was.

CaptainWacky

I thought Rosario Dawson did a very good as Ahsoka. No she didn't feel quite the same as animated Ahsoka, but short of having her as a completely CGI character there's not much else they could have done. And this Ahsoka is much closer to being the Gandalf Ahsoka from the end of Rebels than Clone Wars Ahsoka. All the actions scenes with her looked great and (not to take a shot at the Sequel Trilogy again) felt like the best live action Jedi depiction in years. White lightsabers are cool.

I didn't recognise Michael Biehn either but I don't know if I've seen him in anything made in the last thirty years.

I'm still going to call the child "Baby Yoda" sorry.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
BABY YODA 4EVAR!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Except Baby Yoda isn't baby Yoda at all? They called Yoda "a ghost" and this one "Grogu"

Now I'm confused. I thought this was in the past, but it seems it's actually in the future. They mentioned Clone Wars and some other events as being in the past?

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
First time we've had Jedi in the show, and Rosario Dawson showed why she's such a safe pair of hands. This was a more wise, melancholy Ashoka than we're used to, and time has passed since we saw her last, so I feel that can change can be allowed to stand.

The sabre work and actions scenes were excellent. I'm glad we got to learn some more of Grogu's background, even if everyone seems to have forgotten Yaddle existed when Ashoka mentions she only knew one other like him. Even if Yaddle was dead, you'd have thought somebody may have y'know, mentioned her.

Hopefully we won't see too many other Jedi. This was a nice excursion as a one off, and I hope they leave it there for a while, as this show has proven it doesn't always need to go there.

Loved the shootout between Mando and the sharpshooter dude. I enjoy the strong Western feel this show brings, that makes it closer to New Hope in spirit than anything since.

CaptainWacky

Maybe Yaddle was just a kid dressed up.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The bad news is it's only 32 minutes, the good news is every one of those is fucking awesome.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I'm looking forward to watching it this evening :D