Star Trek Picard season 3

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Was he transmitting through a bracelet she was wearing, or something? I never got that.

StarMan™

When we first met Floaty Head we still weren't sure who / what Vadic was. Floaty Head might have been a Changeling - or part of one - and could control Vadic like a puppet. But that theory got nixed after it was revealed Vadic was a Changeling outright.

In its second appearance, it asked for a report and referred to "us". If it were within Vadic and observing her actions, it wouldn't need to ask. So yeah, Floaty Head is elsewhere and communicated via her goo and that bowl ...?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
We pretty much know now that the truth about Jack is something to do with Picard's brain disease, as it was state in episode 8 that Vadic had removed parts of Jean-Luc's brain infected with the disease. So it's going to be an ancient evil that's been passed down the Picard family line, disguising itself as a brain disease. Why only Jack has super powers and not the rest of the family? Maybe the ballsack nanoprobes activated it I don't know.
You'd think Q would have mentioned this to our Johnny Luke at some point...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Also if Jack has the "great darkness" within him that Deanna smelled, and it was passed down by Jean Luc and his decescendents... why didn't Deanna ever sense it in Jean Luc?

StarMan™

Okay, so the next episode is called ‘Vox’.

Vox (Latin) - Origin & history: From Proto-Italic *wōks‎, from Proto-Indo-European *wṓkʷs‎ ("speech, voice").

Also,

Locutus (Latin)- Origin & history: Perfect active participle of loquor ("talk, speak").

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I can hear Deanna smirking and saying, "By that time, Changeling Nanites will be all that's left of the Federation."

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
At least Terry has a sense of humor about it all...sort of...

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Oh yeah there's also the "SENTIENT BACTERIA" that Picard's grreat great grandmother made first contact with in season two (decades before actual First Contact with the Vulcans, fuck this show) maybe that's the red door evil thing and floaty head is its long lost husband who wants to marry it in Jack's body.

someone on somethingawful with a history of leaking stuff from production has revealed the the identity of floating head will make you scream "fuck OFF" at the television so that's something to look forward to

I started reading the SA thread and lol it's the exact inverse of TrekBBS. Like to the point where I agree with a lot of it but also think "that's a bit much" at times. So a lot better than TrekBBS really.

(Also, why do they only have one thread for all of Paramount+ Trek? That's five shows! Have five threads!)

CaptainWacky

It took me too long to figure out they weren't all typing "poo poo" and "gentle caress" and it was actually a word-filter.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I can't let this redjac thing go, and others with better eyes have spotted when Picard told the story to Jack about being trapped in a shuttle with the original Jack Crusher it was in the same system that wolf in the fold was set in and redjac was dispersed in, also if you want to go back and look at the scene where data hands lore the pack of cards, the only card we say the face of is a red Jack.

CaptainWacky

Did Redjac have super kung-fu neck-snapping moves?

whisky

Boobie inspector
He has super framing Scotty powers. I'd have to watch it again to know the other thing.

StarMan™

I can't let this redjac thing go, and others with better eyes have spotted when Picard told the story to Jack about being trapped in a shuttle with the original Jack Crusher it was in the same system that wolf in the fold was set in and redjac was dispersed in, also if you want to go back and look at the scene where data hands lore the pack of cards, the only card we say the face of is a red Jack.

Hmmm.

Maybe everyone is behind the Red Door. All the Bad Guys teamed up - like how The Daleks, Cybermen etc. all teamed up to lock away Matt Smith's Doctor.