RIP Steve Jobs 1955-2011

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
SuN made some good points about the cruelty and suffering Jobs and Co. perpetrated. I can't do it quite the way she can.

You motherfuckers need to develop some white guilt.

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
yes lets not forget that he was an injecting drug user who contracted hep c, got a liver transplant & did absolutely nothing to dispel the discrimination aimed at those with hepc, but perpetuated it by hiding behind his deceptions.

Imagine the changed he could have bought about by being honest, fuck most people know he had it anyway, but no selling electronic jelly beans was more important in his lifes work than doing something that will actually benefit people.

I didn't like him & watching his little dance over his health was sickening.
he was a fucking vampire

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yeah...and I will always hate Da Vinci because of that time he drank too much wine and yelled at a serf.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
He caused me a great personal injury!! Does no one care?

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
I think what we've learned here is that if Steve Jobs can't make it out alive, there's no hope for the rest of us.

SuN

Yeah...and I will always hate Da Vinci because of that time he drank too much wine and yelled at a serf.

lol eggs, he was hardly a genius or artist.

If Jobs had it his way, none of us would have PC's and the interwebz would be confined to an intranet.

Maybe Ive been a bit harsh, but he was a greedy vampire, thats been proven; i mean the guy clearly never encountered a mirror.
I bet his new liver came from a chinese labour camp

lulz at the icult release @ the death of their leader..the 'ifone 4 S'
HAHA talk about pwnage :D

SuN

Steve Jobs made this conversation possible. There were no such things as workable home computers before Apple. Change the world #1.

Steve Jobs took a pissant little computer graphics company he bought from George Lucas and produced Toy Story, leading to a revolution in animation and destroying about a hundred years of established animation techniques pretty much overnight. Change the world #2.

Steve Jobs went back to Apple and produced a tiny portable listening device that enabled people to carry their entire record collection with them at all times, single-handedly revolutionizing the recorded media industry and leading to such far-reaching effects as Netflix, Amazon and the bankruptcy of Kodak. Change the world #3.

Steve Jobs crammed everything he'd done into a phone that does everything but give blowjobs, and started a revolution in smartphone technology that not only changed the way we interact with the world and each other, but rewrote our system of law and ushered in the end of the wristwatch, the PDA, and the landline phone. Not to mention the USPS. Change the world #4.

There are celebrities whose deaths are artificially celebrated without having earned that reverence. Jobs isn't one of them. In the annals of history he belongs on a level with Franklin, Ford, Edison, and any of the other visionaries who utterly and irreversibly changed the fucking world. Men who deserve to be admired, and mourned.

As a contrast, I cleaned my cat's litter box and made my own dinner tonight and felt like I got something done. What did you do?

He was successful at what he did, that is undisputed. How great was what he did is another story.
I remember when I was in first grade and we all got introduced to the apple computer & played leap frog...it was great. the next time I saw a computer in school was 10 years later & it wasn't an apple.
In those 10 years, imagine what could have evolved & grown if Jobs wasn't such a crazy anal control freak....technology would have evolved much faster if it wasnt held up by his patents & dramatic antics.
He held back technology, then when everyone was having fun playing with it, he waltzed back on the scene with inferior products that were designed to look cute & charged a 1000% inflated price on them, to satisfy his wounded ego.
The sad thing is people lapped it up like thirsty kittens drinking honey milk.

He did well with pixar, thats for sure & lots of other things...but I just don't buy his self proclaimed tech god status & im really pleased gates fucked him over with the PC, I wish it had been done earlier.

The iphone isnt the mother of smart phones, they existed years before the iphone was invented, it was the cult status that put it in the hands of the general populous who didnt even notice smart phones existence until they bought an iphone, it didnt even have a camera when it was released.
HTC had touch screens with swipe & handwriting-to-text technology on their smart phones in 2003.
Its like saying britany spears invented pop music...uno

he made ripping off people into an art form, the best thing to come from the apple thing is memory became cheap as chips.

His iphone also was the first to remove control & ownership of the device after purchase, making it really a rented product, yet selling it as if it was owned & normalising the intrusion on individual privacy & remote control of owned, paid for devices.
But this is fast becoming a long lost memory, thanks to apple's ways of doing things.
Apple's iphones are a loaded intel device which the owners have no control over, they are a blight on the face of technology, used to do harm by further eroding privacy protections.
Due to the cult status of apple, this has become the standard for mobile phones & espionage friendly devices has become the foundation for further designs.

Long live the blackberry

SuN

2538.imgcache.jpg

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Yeah, people said Edison was an asshole, and Franklin was a womanizer and a lush. For the basic crime of profiting from their ideas, men of vision are routinely vilified by those with less vision and less good fortune.

I'm not here to offer up Jobs for sainthood, or argue the relative merits of maintaining a pure and virginal soul in the quest for success. But I am old enough to remember a time before computers, before do-it-all smartphones, before computer-animated motion pictures, and before pocket-sized record collections. Noticed I didn't claim he did any of these things first, aside from pioneering home computers.

But he did it way fucking better than anyone else, and he convinced the entire world we needed one of his things. More than once. Ford wasn't the only guy building cars either.

History decides who is remembered and who is forgotten, who is a household name and who is remembered as a goat. As for Bill Gates vs. Steve Jobs, both hold a place in history. But when you say "Ipod" and "Zune", one is instantly recognizable, and the other is the Zune.

I am uninterested in Jobs' moral failings; I got enough leaves in my own backyard to worry about someone else's lawn. But for what he accomplished he deserves to be mourned.

As for the "not giving a fuck, loudly and vehemently", I'll paraphrase Mark Twain: bitterness and jealously are acids that damage the vessel that holds them far more than anything they are poured out on.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
ps blackberry sucks ass lol

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Jobs was the one who made computers understandable by non-geeks. Further than that, he somehow managed to make them loveable. This cannot be discounted.

Without this step, all the technology advancements over the last 30 years would only have mattered to garage hobbyists and lab technicians. The rest of us would still be buying DVDs, using home 'terminals' with limited ability instead of PCs, and only using cellphones for emergencies. We'd still have MP3/vid players, but we'd be managing them with Winamp and WMP, both of which wouldn't be as advanced as they are now because there wouldn't have been the urgency to tinker with them.

And all those other fancy gadgets would be foreign to average people who aren't Comic Book Guy. Since I'm basically saying this to a bunch of fellow Comic Book Guys it may not sink in, but somebody out there will get it.

Mirah

I love you
I think listening to Nirvana impersonate Michael Jackson on my I-Phone while talking to a short black man would be a good way to spend the day today.

I also think it would have been cool if when Steve Jobs died all of the apple computers and I Phones and I Pads just stopped working.

Yeah, that would have been cool.