Racism on this board.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
The Question said:
It's not hate, Bub. It's just a cold hard look at a part of the real world few have the nerve to talk about without falling into screaming infantilism.

Sorry bub, wrong number. Your hateful tunnel vision is tainted, you use sources to back up your rhetoric that are hateful and spiteful, in addition to ALREADY BEING PROVEN WRONG and you spread urban hoaxes like they were some sort of truth. Feel free to continue spreading your particular brand of viciousness, but don't expect me to label it or react to it any other way.

It's hate bub. Plain and simple. Menty's right, the hate and racism you unabashedly spread denigrates the board and feeds the ignorant who delight in it.

The Question

Eternal
And yes, there is plenty of statistical data to back up some peoples' negative notions about minorities -- and to ignore -- pay attention to that word, now -- to ignore that statistical data is just as ignorant as it is to ignore the fact that the data arises from the actions of an ethnic criminal subculture, rather than the entirety of the minority in question.

In short -- yes, RWC's views on race are ignorant. So are Blazerboy's and Mentalist's. Sorry to come off cold like that, gents, but that's the truth.

The Question

Eternal
jack said:
Sorry bub, wrong number. Your hateful tunnel vision is tainted, you use sources to back up your rhetoric that are hateful and spiteful, in addition to ALREADY BEING PROVEN WRONG and you spread urban hoaxes like they were some sort of truth. Feel free to continue spreading your particular brand of viciousness, but don't expect me to label it or react to it any other way any other way.

It's hate bub. Plain and simple. Menty's right, the hate and racism you unabashedly spread denigrates the board and feeds the ignorant who delight in it.

Well, that's some good and fine drama, Jack, but there's just one little problem -- there's no actual hate involved, except possibly from your side of the fence.

Number_6

beer, I want beer
The Question said:
And yes, there is plenty of statistical data to back up some peoples' negative notions about minorities -- and to ignore -- pay attention to that word, now -- to ignore that statistical data is just as ignorant as it is to ignore the fact that the data arises from the actions of an ethnic criminal subculture, rather than the entirety of the minority in question.

In short -- yes, RWC's views on race are ignorant. So are Blazerboy's and Mentalist's. Sorry to come off cold like that, gents, but that's the truth.

The problem lies in the fact that mainstream black culture too often excuses the excesses of the criminal subculture, and indeed, in the case of gangsta culture, embraces it.

And, as I said, when people like Cosby seek to distance themselves from this subculture and engage in a cogent critique of it and its effects on mainstream black culture, they are demonized.

And guilty white people, frightened to death of being labeled a racist, remain silent or allow themselves to be persuaded that the existence of gangsta culture is all their fault, or that it's more "authentic" than their culture, so they must embrace it, too.

A major problem. And one that this thread appears unable to discuss in any rational manner.

jack

I know you are but what am I? Really?

haha

jack

When TQ gets involved, there's no way it can ever be a rational discussion.

Parroting lies as truth to back up your hatred is not only cowardly, it's pure ignorance.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I think it's funny when they post pictures of jack as a garden gnome, or a squirrell.

BlazerBoy

On the contrary, Number_6. I speak with some measure of authority, as my father works for the South Carolina Department of Corrections. There is a disproportionate amount of blacks in prison relative to their population. For every 100,000 white males, 463 are in prison, for every 100,000 black males, 3,218 are in prison. 50% of black males are in prison for violent crimes. However, in 1997, there were just over 2 Million Blacks in prison, while ther were almost 4 Million whites. In the past 10 years, those numbers have remained fairly the same, rising inversely with the total US population. Bottom line? There are more caucasians in prison currently then blacks, simply because there are more caucasians in the US then any other race. Those are the facts. What they don't tell you is that any one race is "more responsible" for crime than any other. All they tell you is that all of the races commit a lot of crimes, and its a problem shared by all of them, and will have to be solved by all of them at once, not any particular one.

The Question

Eternal
Well, this is really and genuinely amusing. Of course, I can't toot my own horn on my reasoning methodology, so I'll just have to accept Jack's judgement that he did a better job. :lol:

jack

yes, of course you would. You would continue to find it amusing no doubt after the 50th time, too.

Big Dick McGee

BlazerBoy said:
On the contrary, Number_6. I speak with some measure of authority, as my father works for the South Carolina Department of Corrections. There is a disproportionate amount of blacks in prison relative to their population.

And this couldn't possibly be because blacks commit more crimes than whites per capita, right?

Big Dick McGee

jack said:
yes, of course you would. You would continue to find it amusing no doubt after the 50th time, too.

I like the picture of you as a Garden Gnome and a squirrel. It makes me chuckle.

jack

Yaknow TQ, I don't really care what you think one way or the other. If your ignorance affected me directly in any way however, my reaction would be vastly different.

But you know, you're dick waving "cupcakeer" and "denial" around at TK is just that.

trust that I'm not the only one repelled by your hatefulness.

jack

Big Dick McGee said:
I like the picture of you as a Garden Gnome and a squirrel. It makes me chuckle.

That's all you got?

:::laughing:::

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Unfortunately, state-sponsored racism still exists in this country, as evidenced both by RWC, whose ignorant views are fostered by circular reasoning in that more blacks are in jail per capita, therefore more blacks are criminals. This is not true in itself. The truth is that more poor people go to jail than rich people=more minorities are below poverty level due to unequal education, cultural bias by and against black Americans toward education, = more minorites are caught committing crimes and punished for same. It doesn't mean less whites are committing crimes, merely that their punishments are frequently less severe.

The other form of racism, perpetrated by so-called "reasonable" people like the Question pretends to be, is the Rush Limbaugh-style affable racism where a myth is perpetrated either by "just fooling around" or "I'm reasonable, but my research says that ..." before spouting off propagandist garbage as fact. Because these guys are so reasonable and erudite, their arguments are more insidious and harder to combat than the slogan-shouting skinhead.

As for whether racism exists in minorities: of course cultural bigotry exists between races, that is as old as time and will probably never change. The oldest emotion in human history, whether you believe in creationism or evolution, is hate. That guy is different from us, he is not-us, therefore we will kill that guy.

But cultural bigotry is not racism. Racism by its definition is bigotry against a type or subgroup, PLUS THE POWER OF THE RULING CLASS TO ACTIVELY REPRESS THAT GROUP. As the "majority" class in America, moneyed whites have the power through various means to suppress and repress minorities: through law, police action, education, and welfare, the ones with money and power get to keep it, and the ones without stay without.

BlazerBoy

Number_6 said:
The problem lies in the fact that mainstream black culture too often excuses the excesses of the criminal subculture, and indeed, in the case of gangsta culture, embraces it.

And, as I said, when people like Cosby seek to distance themselves from this subculture and engage in a cogent critique of it and its effects on mainstream black culture, they are demonized.

And guilty white people, frightened to death of being labeled a racist, remain silent or allow themselves to be persuaded that the existence of gangsta culture is all their fault, or that it's more "authentic" than their culture, so they must embrace it, too.

A major problem. And one that this thread appears unable to discuss in any rational manner.

Um, okay. I'll agree with the part on Cosby being demonized at large for his dead on appraisals of problems with Education and crime prevention among blacks, but you've posted some pretty opinionized statemetns here on Gang(sta) Cultures and the suppossed sensetivity of whites towards being led to beleive their culture is inferior to any other. I reapeat once again that Caucasians are the majority in this land. They settled this region, and continue to populate it heavilly. There is no danger of their culture being "unathentic, or submerged, nor have I seen any indications that anyone else seriously beleives it is or in any danger of becoming so. In the south, Hispanics outnumber Blacks. In inner-city locales such as Detroit, Atlanta, and Washington DC, blacks are still the minority, but they live in such large clusters, that they have the ability to greatly influence politics, entertainment, and most every other facet of the infrastructure. If you listen to just that one group of people, and not take into the "Melting Pot culture" as a whole, its very easy to come away feeling like those more vocal groups represent the entire race or culture.

Big Dick McGee

Hispanics will be the majority in something like 10 years because they're mostly strict Catholics, and as such they breed like puppies.

BlazerBoy

Big Dick McGee said:
And this couldn't possibly be because blacks commit more crimes than whites per capita, right?

Why wouldn't it? Saying more blacks commit crimes then caucasian people isn't a prejudicial or racist statement. I hope thats not the impression I gave earlier. RWC said that Blacks as a whole were irresponsible, which is something that can't be substantiated by fact or figures. That is racial prejudice and racist.

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
I like my M&M's mixed up in a bowl. Separating them by color, flavor, or nut-to-chocolate ratio is silly and childish.

(And I've yet to fuck a girl who was actually turned on by the green ones.)

jack

TQ says the Holocaust as described couldn't have possibly occurred, and that we're all pawns for believing it.

Hateful, inaccurate, racist and destructive.