Racism on this board.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
You know, I don't care about PC values. I will joke about anything you can think of in your tiny little minds. Blacks, whites, asians, midgets, disabled people you name it it's fair game by me..

But there is an ugly racist streak through quite a few members here where it moves well away from simple jest.

Intelligent folks must be able to see that painting broad strokes over an entire race is fucking dumb.

Spouting this racist junk shows nothing but how blinkered some of you are. I don't frankly give a fuck about all the statistisc that are dredged up as some sort of validation for hate mongering. People are people and should be valued in their worth as individuals not as a member of a colour.

Yeah free speech, harp on all you want, but it's not funny nor clever and frankly it disgusts me.

C

Cloudy

I noticed this too.

you can usually tell when people are joking/fooling about, or are racist but 'don't really mean it' etc and it doesn't bother me... I find many un-PC jokes funny, nor am I against contraversial debate like TQ and the holocaust stuff...

but there are certain posters who appear to be genuinely nasty and bigoted - or at least that's how they portray themselves online.

I'm not saying it should stop, because this is TK, and they are free to say it, but it is immature, and if genuine, quite sad also.

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
I'm not prejudice. I just hate stupid people.

RWC

And 43% of the U.S. prison system consist of African Americans, who only comprise 12% of the total U.S. population, hence African Americans disgust me.

Happy MLK day.

RWC

Stupid emoticons notwithstanding it's true. African Americans are the Achilles' Heel of my society.

RWC

Then you must really hate Muslims. They were the first population to enslave black Africans, and it persist to this day.

RWC

And it doesn't matter, I was specifically speaking of African Americans, the most racist population we have.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
No, I don't hate Muslisms. I have a few Muslim friends. I hate fundementalisim and ideologies built on hate. Lucky for me I am able to trancend the colour and religion of people and decide on peoples worth through their merits as human beings. Sorry if that's above your head.

C

Cloudy

I don't know how genuine RWC is - I think he's just attempting to troll :lol: - I'm all for hearing controversial views and debates - but it's the 'racism for the sake of it' displayed by 1 or 2 people on here that is less pleasant.

BlazerBoy

RWC is just ignorant. Don't feed it. The right circumstances will one day cause him to arrive at a more progressive outlook on race relations, I have no doubt.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Ok, we have to qualify this, because the kind of hate that The Question spreads around is much more subversive and destructive than the ignorant racism you are talking about.

If he's not included, then you aren't really talking about anything other that being pissed off at a few ignorant dweebs who don't know any better.

But The Questions hate? That's the real thing.

RWC

BlazerBoy said:
RWC is just ignorant. Don't feed it. The right circumstances will one day cause him to arrive at a more progressive outlook on race relations, I have no doubt.

Ignorant? You can't just go along making up new definitions to words that already exist. I'm quite informed on race relations, additudes and social ills. It's the blacks. Without them there would far less crime and white flight. They are irresponsible as a whole. If they didn't drive real estate down there wouldn't be gentrification and the inner-cities would be safe for women, children and the elderly.

The Question

Eternal
jack said:
Ok, we have to qualify this, because the kind of hate that The Question spreads around is much more subversive and destructive than the ignorant racism you are talking about.

If he's not included, then you aren't really talking about anything other that being pissed off at a few ignorant dweebs who don't know any better.

But The Questions hate? That's the real thing.

It's not hate, Bub. It's just a cold hard look at a part of the real world few have the nerve to talk about without falling into screaming infantilism.

The Question

Eternal
RWC said:
Ignorant? You can't just go along making up new definitions to words that already exist. I'm quite informed on race relations, additudes and social ills. It's the blacks. Without them there would far less crime and white flight. They are irresponsible as a whole. If they didn't drive real estate down there wouldn't be gentrification and the inner-cities would be safe for women, children and the elderly.

Don't make the mistake people are (quite rightly) accusing you of. It's not "blacks" who are doing that -- it's a predominantly black subculture that's doing it.

BlazerBoy

RWC said:

No, sir. Your post right there just completely substantiated the absolute very definiton of the word ignorance. Whats worse is your reliance on generalizations of an entire race, a fallacy that immediately discredits anything further you have to offer. What is more likely is that you or someone you know was victimized by some minority race member, or perhaps something you witnessed as an incident or over a period of time local to you infuenced your opinion on Blacks in general. Or maybe your parent(s) were racist prejudiced bastards who failed to teach you the importance of true "race relations". Whichever it is, you are indeed quite ignorant of true racial equality, or you wouldn't make such statements as you have. There is absolutely no factual information you can give to support racial prejudice or inflammatory claims of one race being more negative than another. None. In the year 2006, humans should have advanced far beyond such archaic thought processes.

Number_6

beer, I want beer
See, the problem here is that many of the statements RWC has made are factual.

This does not excuse his racism, but it does explain it.

Those of you who have taken the anti-racist position are refusing to deal with the fact that RWC does, indeed, have facts on his side. Blacks are responsible for a disproportionate amount of crime in the United States. This is a fact. The numbers are there, and there really isn't any other way to interpret them.

I think that you need to be able to respond to someone like Bill Cosby without accusations that he is an "Uncle Tom" or a "House cupcakeer" or any of the other epithets thrown around whenever a black person actually holds aspects of his culture responsible for the problems blacks have.

Is RWC's racism abhorrent? Yes. But engaging in a harangue against him is far less effective than acknowledging when he has the facts on his side and trying to actually come to a dialogue.