On Mine Field Pond

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
If I get a bunch of ugly algae I will name it "THOSE JERKS WHO LIKE OUR TWEETS BUT NEVER POST IN THE MF".

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
If I get a bunch of ugly algae I will name it "THOSE JERKS WHO LIKE OUR TWEETS BUT NEVER POST IN THE MF".

Thanks for reminding me to tweet them all YET AGAIN.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

If only I could use my tweeting energy to help Cassie with her pond!

CaptainWacky

Cassie to make sure to tell us every day that she hasn't fallen in?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I HAVE NOT FALLEN IN.

I am having trouble locating the proper pvc connectors so I can use the drain bulkhead that came with the tank. I DON'T WANT TO DRILL HOLES IN MY GLORIOUS STOCK TANK.

Why is it hard to find a threaded 1 1/4 inch male pvc connector on Amazon? Am I not looking in the secret pvc section that only men with plumber butts can access? Also, I don't want to buy something that doesn't fit, but I may have to take the risk. WAIT A MINUTE, now I can find it on Amazon. AMAZON IS PLAYING TRICKS ON ME.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I had to google that, because I thought maybe whisky is talking about PIPE DOPE. Of course we have hardware stores in Americaland! We also have big chain stores that sell most of that stuff. I will have to go to Ace next week. I'm sure they have all the fittings and I just found out they are much cheaper than the ones on Amazon.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
bird lake GIF by Adirondack Council

You need a rubber duck for your pond. You could name it "Dr Dave's Strong Duck"!

CaptainWacky

It's how Henry VIII killed nine of this wives.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I bought fittings today, they were cheap so I got what I thought I needed and a couple bigger ones JUST IN CASE. But the 1 1/4 inch threaded pipe thing fits in one side, but not the other. The drain is threaded on the inside, and I was hoping I could screw a connector in from the outside and the inside so I can connect STUFF to it. Why is it smaller on one end than the other? grrrrrr I wish I'd grabbed a 1 inch instead of a 1 1/2 inch.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

SAVING THIS FOR REFERENCE.

Also, I talked to my brother about the fittings, and now I am not so grrrrr. I'M GONNA USE SOME CAULK.