On Mine Field Pond

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Bdz5HOV.jpg

I am going to set up a stock tank pond! I got this massive thing today. I'M SO EXCITED.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
If you're going to swim in it, you better get here before I add the alligators.

I am going to put an island in the middle for plants to grow in, it will be named Dr Dave island. THERE WILL BE NO GEESE.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
How deep will this pond be?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
If you're going to swim in it, you better get here before I add the alligators.

I am going to put an island in the middle for plants to grow in, it will be named Dr Dave island. THERE WILL BE NO GEESE.
I don't mind the geese as long as you don't get too close to them. I enjoy watching them fly and swim in the water at the park on my walk home from work. The squirrels are fun to play with also. It's fun to watch a squirrel freeze as you come near and you have to pretend you didn't see it so it will unfreeze.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The pond is only 2 feet deep. Stock tanks are for cows and horses to drink out of, so they can't have really tall sides. IT MAKES UP FOR IT IN GIRTH.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I thought the island was named after you?

Wouldn't you like to be in Amy Pond?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Dr Dave, YOU ARE AN ISLAND IN THE STREAM.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm going to start using this thread to keep track of the things I need to buy, or research. Also, I will post some reference videos that I might need to watch more than once. IT COULD GET BORING.

Shopping:
LECA
bio ribbon? idk
1 1/14 pvc male threaded connector (need to figure out the size of another connector before buying this stuff)
sturdy trashcan or tub for bio filter
hoses for filtration

RLcrdo6.jpg

If you're wondering why I am going to all this trouble. LOOK AT BERTHA. She (or he, idk) is over a foot long now. This fish could get two feet long. She makes footlong poops, already. wtf? (Bertha is the pleco laying there looking all innocent in this photo, but really she is a terrorist and the reason I can't put plants in this tank, also she whaps the other fish with her fins sometimes)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

NEED TO WATCH THIS AGAIN, LATER. I already know not to put regular potting soil in the pond, but I will probably have to deal with green water once the rains start. Maybe I should add barley balls to my shopping list.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Bertha will grow to fill the entire pond, you'll need to dig a bigger pond, she'll grow to fill that, etc, she fills all of Florida.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The angel fish look very big in that pic, like they are bigger than Bertha. They are pretty big, but idk why they look gigantic. They are begging for food, AS USUAL.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

I'm gonna need one of these mofos.

I also need to remember to buy some pond netting, or a raccoon might eat Bertha.