My old car went bye bye today

FUCK YOU!!!
Hahahahah

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
*ROTFLMAO @ American motorcar*

GM = BANKRUPT
CHRYSLER = BANKRUPT
FORD = BARELY MANAGED TO STAVE OFF BANKRUPTCY.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Good ol' American motorcar!

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
Nice Starguard. Is it an RS or SS?

Neither. She started out as a Plain Jane Grocery Getter. Those SS emblems on the front side were placed on by the guy I bought it from. I plan to take them off when she goes to the body shop!

She came from the factory with an inline-6 engine, 3 speed column shifter, and an 2:73 open end differential. Thats all been ripped out and replaced. She now has a small block 350 4 bolt-main engine, 650 cfm Holley carm, edelbrock intake manifold, fuelly aluminum heads, TH350 trans w/ 3500 rpm stall converter, all connected to a 3:73 strange posi traction differential!

So far I've put over $6000 in the drive train alone, and next month plan to drop another $3000 on a new paint job!

Hopefully she'll be ready for summer :cool:

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
Neither. She started out as a Plain Jane Grocery Getter. Those SS emblems on the front side were placed on by the guy I bought it from. I plan to take them off when she goes to the body shop!

She came from the factory with an inline-6 engine, 3 speed column shifter, and an 2:73 open end differential. Thats all been ripped out and replaced. She now has a small block 350 4 bolt-main engine, 650 cfm Holley carm, edelbrock intake manifold, fuelly aluminum heads, TH350 trans w/ 3500 rpm stall converter, all connected to a 3:73 strange posi traction differential!

So far I've put over $6000 in the drive train alone, and next month plan to drop another $3000 on a new paint job!

Hopefully she'll be ready for summer :cool:

Only 3K? Knowing what I know now I would plan for another 1K seriously. Im in the Chicago area and the guy I have doing the restoration charges $50 a shop hour which is dirt cheap but the drawback is regular body work goes to the front of the line. He just takes restorations in to keep his guys busy when its slow. So far I sunk in 20K and I think I am in for 15K more in body work, paint, and interior including parts. Everything in mine is original except for the differential which is a 3:42 limited slip posi. Show pics when its painted. :)

starguard

Here are a few shots of mines when it went to Maaco's. I didnt have the money for a full off frame restoration, so I asked them to do the best they could.

Here is the finished results..

It's not as good as yours wil be, but its not bad for $1680 :)

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
Yours is very nice. You have the type of car that people periodically fixed over the years while mine is the type that someone locked away and did nothing to over the years. Thats why mine needs it all now. Ill have some more pics soon. :)

Thrusty

TK addict
I was going to chime in with shit talk but i am now in love with your car and just well lets just say i shouldn't stand up right now.

starguard

Yours is very nice. You have the type of car that people periodically fixed over the years while mine is the type that someone locked away and did nothing to over the years. Thats why mine needs it all now. Ill have some more pics soon. :)

Let us know when its back from the shop dude.. Remember to take lots of Photos :cool:

starguard

Almost done. Will be delivered in 2 weeks. :D

DSCN0444a.jpg

:techman: :techman: :techman:

When I was little, my oldest brother had a car just like yours. His was a 66 GTO. I still remember the day he sold it. He took the money and bought a 69 Road Runner with it!