My old car went bye bye today

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
Off on a trailer to the restoration shop. I'll have some pics up next month when they have it apart. :)

My car blew a water pump last week. It got fixed in a little over an hour. The very next night, I hit a 70-pound German Shepherd dog that ran square in front of me. There was no way I could have stopped in time. I was doing 45 mph when I center-punched him. I flipped back around and went to check on him and try to get him to an emergency vet (it was about 1 am). The dog managed to get up and then he wandered into the opposite lane before I could catch him, then he started puking buckets... blech! I let him puke, then tried again to catch him. He ran off kinda crooked-like, and went into the woods off the embankment. No way was I gonna catch him in that dense brush. I bet he died later on of head and internal injuries, unless someone found him later and got him to a vet.

I feel terrible for hitting that poor dog, but honestly, people who just let their dogs run loose like that really piss me off. You see a lot of that going on around here, especially in that part of town. It starts getting a really "country" mindset over there. As for the car, amazingly I had no visible damage as a result. And oddly, my heater works better than it ever has. Go figure!

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
My car blew a water pump last week. It got fixed in a little over an hour. The very next night, I hit a 70-pound German Shepherd dog that ran square in front of me. There was no way I could have stopped in time. I was doing 45 mph when I center-punched him. I flipped back around and went to check on him and try to get him to an emergency vet (it was about 1 am). The dog managed to get up and then he wandered into the opposite lane before I could catch him, then he started puking buckets... blech! I let him puke, then tried again to catch him. He ran off kinda crooked-like, and went into the woods off the embankment. No way was I gonna catch him in that dense brush. I bet he died later on of head and internal injuries, unless someone found him later and got him to a vet.

I feel terrible for hitting that poor dog, but honestly, people who just let their dogs run loose like that really piss me off. You see a lot of that going on around here, especially in that part of town. It starts getting a really "country" mindset over there. As for the car, amazingly I had no visible damage as a result. And oddly, my heater works better than it ever has. Go figure!

You hit him on purpose didnt you! :twisted:

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
Off on a trailer to the restoration shop. I'll have some pics up next month when they have it apart. :)

What kind of car do you have? I have a 68 Camaro that I've had for 11 years and STILL havent had it painted yet.

Poured a TON of money into it though, over $6000 in the drive train alone! :eek:

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
Its a 1966 Pontiac GTO, it is the car in my avatar.
OK, its torn apart now. Time for a picture. I'll post another one in a few weeks when more is done.

gto065.jpg

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
Well the frame and assorted frame related parts are sandblasted and painted now. I also got the first bad surprise, I needed a new differential. Thats being done by someone else and will be delivered in a week and will cost about 1K. Shouldnt be any more bad surprises since everything has been gone through now. Ill have another pic up in a week or two when the parts are put back on but hopefully before the body gets put back on so it can be before and after shots. :)

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
Well the frame and assorted frame related parts are sandblasted and painted now. I also got the first bad surprise, I needed a new differential. Thats being done by someone else and will be delivered in a week and will cost about 1K. Shouldnt be any more bad surprises since everything has been gone through now. Ill have another pic up in a week or two when the parts are put back on but hopefully before the body gets put back on so it can be before and after shots. :)

Who the fuck rebuilds a fucking AMERICAN car? There is a reason your auto industry went bankrupt, dumbfuck.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Yeah Luci. Stock, that American Motorcar can smoke any tricked-out rice burner any day. Of course, if you really want a stand up fight, try taking on one of the new Dodge Challenger SRT8's. Those things are straight off the line with more than 500 hp.