Mine Field Celebrity Deathday Thread

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Chick Corea, 79 last Thursday. He wrote the song that still plays in my head when I met my wife:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Gina Carano's acting career.

jack

Yaphet Kotto, 81

yaphet-kotto-alien-thumb-1615933190082.jpg

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oh crap. RIP Jessica Walter...

CaptainWacky

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Literally just reblogged this on tumblr the other day

CaptainWacky

Probably nothing in AD made me laugh more than her Gene scream.

CaptainWacky

Guess Meghan got what she wanted, eh.

(She hated DMX.)

Dr Dave

pillzlol

CaptainWacky

I kept thinking "WAS HE BOOTHBY" but then I remembered he was Professor Galen.

Last edited:

jack

Charles Grodin, 86

18Grodin1-jumbo.jpg

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The funniest man you never heard of... RIP Paul Mooney

jack

CaptainWacky

Richard Donner: “I said, ‘Gene, the mustache – it’s got to go.’ He said, ‘No, the mustache stays.’ I said, ‘Look, we’re getting by with the hair and everything but we’ll never get by with the mustache.’ I said, ‘Come on. You shave yours off and I’ll take mine off.’ First he said no. Then he looked at me and said, ‘Alright, but you do it right now.’ I said, ‘While you’re sitting there, let Stuart take yours off first.’ I said, ‘Stuart, take off Mr. Hackman’s mustache.’ Stuart started to shake. He knew now what was going down. And it wasn’t going to be pretty. And he shaves off Gene’s mustache. He said, ‘Okay, sit down. You’re next.’ I said, ‘I don’t have to,’ and I peeled the fake mustache off. Hackman looked at me and his neck went four sizes bigger and the veins in his temple started to throb. He’s a big mother, I knew he was going to knock me through the wall. Gradually a smile came to his face and he laughed and he said, ‘I see what this picture is going to be like, but I owe you one.’ And from there on in he was a doll. He was a doll on the set with ideas. He was easy to work with. We broke the problem. He had put the chip on his shoulder and I knocked it off and I didn’t get hurt, and he became one of the dear friends of my life.”

TODAY'S DIRECTORS NEVER TRICK PEOPLE WITH FAKE MOUSTACHES.