Marvel What If...?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Yeah last weeks was amazing. When my wife gets home from her painting class we'll check it out.

jack

Last night she painted a still life. A vase with some flowers in it. It was a class with a local published artist called "Paint and Sip" You paint with a group and it's in a restaurant so there's snacks and wine.

She runs a workshop twice a year called "Artist Within Retreats" which has become quite popular in our area.

She has her own yoga studio and it's a great open space to paint and also record music or videos.

Her paintings are abstract and quite wonderful usually involving energy patterns, when she's not painting mountains or mandalas.

Great fun.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I'd like to see them some time, drinking and painting is a good combination.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I liked that he really did end up destroying the universe after being warned that he would. Things like that don't usually come true.

I liked how the good and evil cloak fought each other too.

CaptainWacky

What If We Finally Mentioned Uncle Ben By Name In The MCU.

Also, zombies.

(The tone was really uneven with all the humour, but there was some cool stuff like Hope sacrificing herself and the really creepy Vision feeding people to his zombie bride. And they sure gave Chadwick Boseman another line about death. Didn't really like the glib Thanos ending, they've done too many bummer endings in a row.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
I get how a zombie head can be alive, but if you cure that head what about the lungs and heart it's no longer connected to?

CaptainWacky

Yeah, that was dumb, he was there to take the place of the "Headpool" character from the Marvel Zombie comics, I guess because they can't have Deadpool in this stuff yet.

Basically Deadpool's flying zombie head.

CaptainWacky

This week's was another weird one as it was basically 30 minutes of "What If Killmonger Just Outsmarted Everyone" then it randomly cuts off with the formation of wacky team-up duo Baby Shuri and Pepper Potts. It felt kind of pointless in the end!

Hope they have a fun one sometime.

jack

I did not like last weeks at all, and it really turned off my wife.

Hope they figure this out, because the first couple were quite good

whisky

Boobie inspector
I hate how Chadwick sounds more ill with every episode.

Makes me feel bad for taking a sick day at work when it seems he was recording these with terminal cancer.

jack

I enjoyed this episode a lot.

CaptainWacky

I enjoyed the first two episodes of this show then grew inceasingly disinterested with each subsequent instalment. Happily, I thought this week's was really good! It actually knew it was a cartoon and acted like a cartoon and didn't just, like, recreate scenes from the movies but as drawings. The humour was far more appropriate for this story than for a zombie story. The fight between Thor and Carol was great (and went full Loony Tunes at the end.) And the returning movies actors all gave good performances I thought: Hemsworth, Dennings AND INDEED Natalie Actual Portman. I'm biased but she was THE BEST.

Last edited:

whisky

Boobie inspector
I'm not sure star wars visions deserves its own thread, the first one was bad, and I didn't make it past the first two minutes in the second one.

As soon as I saw they dumped every epsilon at the same time, I had a bad feeling about this

CaptainWacky

^There's a thread (I'll bump it.)

jack

About to watch it.