I watched the pilot episode of airwolf for the first time in 40 years

whisky

Boobie inspector
Man this does not hold up, your main hero string fellow Hawk is a charisma vacume, and kind of creepy, he falls in love with a woman in 6 days, who only exists to die and make him upset, Dominic Santini has charisma, but seems to be playing Grandpa from the Simpsons constantly telling stories from the old days, they don't steal airwolf until half way through the second episode, and the thing is so indestructible it's like watching someone play GTA in God mode. There are some decent stunts, but if some of them seem familiar it's because they are going to reuse them for the rest of the series.

I have find memories of this show, but I think it was a show for teenagers, and 80s teenagers at that.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Jeri Ryan was in an episode of Murder, She Wrote I had on tv while hoovering and didn't pay any attention to.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
For some reason this reminded me that I saw an ad for the Quantum Leap remake that's coming out. :rwmad:

whisky

Boobie inspector
The original quantum leap and airwolf were created by the same guy. Along with Magnum PI.

The Question

Eternal
I was 9 or 10 years old when I first saw it, and thought it was great.

Which... it was great. For a 9 year old in the 1980s.

The Question

Eternal
The original quantum leap and airwolf were created by the same guy. Along with Magnum PI.
Wait, wait, wait a minute.

The 'original' Quantum Leap? Has there been another one?

MODMAN

I think I've heard of this show but never seen it.

But after googling it, the Rick and Morty Jan-Michael Vincent gag doesn't seem as obscure.

The Question

Eternal

"I can assure you, this isn't the least bit amusing!"

That's where you're wrong, Nigel. That's where you're wrong. (I just assume that all British people are named Nigel. Even the women. Especially the women.)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I enjoyed Airwolf as a kid, but even as a kid I thought the premise was goofy. The specs for the helicopter were goofy, the idea that you could just hide one in a cave in the desert was goofy and that you and some old guy would have the logistic capability to run it was goofy and the idea that they'd stand up a special secret team to work with you instead of just arresting you was goofy. But it was fun to watch.

Incidentally, the first season of "The A-Team" holds up better than I remembered. Later seasons got increasingly terrible, but apart from silly things like making hot air balloons out of trash bags and hair dryers, or "bugs" that can be hidden in a jacket button, the stories are relatively entertaining.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Back when I was in highschool there was a down syndrome kid that would scream AIRWOLF! AIRWOLF! while smashing his face into the bus seat after each weekly episode would show on the bus ride from school the next day.

I don't think I ever watched it after experiencing that.

The Question

Eternal
Oh, for fuck's sake. :no:

The Question

Eternal
Back when I was in highschool there was a down syndrome kid that would scream AIRWOLF! AIRWOLF! while smashing his face into the bus seat after each weekly episode would show on the bus ride from school the next day.
A proto-Minefielder, you might say.

The Question

Eternal
Some shows are just... products of their time. Nothing wrong with that.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
yeah like this, for example

whisky

Boobie inspector
Knight rider is fine until you notice how often the car is just a model, and you wonder how teenage you didn't notice that at the time.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
airplane-lloyd-bridges.jpg