How to tell a person is a jerk

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Miss Tanner said:
LOL!

I worry about this stuff, too. I have a locked cabinet of secret stuff...like gels, super nasty movies and a few fun toys. I wonder sometimes who's the lucky person that gets to see all that stuff after Cranky and I are dead and someone comes to go thru our stuff....hahahahhaha..

:laugh:

It'll be some person who thinks people shrivel up and disappear when they turn 30. They'll look at that stuff and think, "wow, Uncle Bill and Aunt Jane were kinky. Ewww!"

Cranky Bastard

Uncle Bill and Aunt Cheryl. I ain't getting married again!

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Cranky Bastard said:
Uncle Bill and Aunt Cheryl. I ain't getting married again!
Ha!

But, lucky you. Miss Tanner looks like a keeper.

Cranky Bastard

eloisel said:
It'll be some person who thinks people shrivel up and disappear when they turn 30.

You mean, like everyone under 30.

Only when you get older do you realize what a total dumbass you were when you were 20.

Hey, 30 is the new 20 (or so they say).

I don't even know what 40 is yet...but luckily I no longer care...

Cranky Bastard

The me-me-me generation is getting pathetic. I recently read an article that called 60+ year olds "the new 40." Showed a pic of some plastic-surgery-altered schmuck chatting on a cell phone like he really knew what the thing was.

What a bunch of fucking losers.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
All I know is the closer I get to 60, the less ancient it looks. Actually, I'm rather liking the way I'm aging. When I was younger, I was angular, bony, and a bit harsh looking in pictures. Nowadays I look more roundish, very soft and silvery. I like it. Of course, if I could be 27 again, I'd take it in a heartbeat, especially if I got to keep what I know now.

Cranky Bastard

I'm approaching my 50s. In my 40s now, I do not claim to be the new generation of 20s to salve my ego over being the center of attention and losing it due to age. Some 65 year-old claiming he's still 40 because he can "chat" on a cell phone? The man needs to act his age.

I agree, Eloisel, in approaching the ages we are, we are embracing it and that is a good thing.

But to try to regain the center of attention in a world of botox, hair implants and fake tits is simply narcissistic, and grossly so.

60 doesn't seem ancient to me and neither does 70. It's all relative.

The Question

Eternal
x is not the new y. x is x. y is y. Deal with reality, people.

The Harlot

eloisel said:
Of course, if I could be 27 again, I'd take it in a heartbeat, especially if I got to keep what I know now.

I would HATE to be 27 again. That would mean I'd be married to my ex, which would be a fate worse than death.

:voodoo: <-------Me burning his ass!

eloisel

Forever Empress E
The Harlot said:
I would HATE to be 27 again. That would mean I'd be married to my ex, which would be a fate worse than death.
That is why I would like to retain what I know now. I felt really excellent at 27, though, very strong and very healthy. It would be nice to feel like I could ride a bike in a marathon again. I could do it now, as long as the marathon was broken down into small increments over a period of days, with lots of pampering by hunky men with chocolates and tea during the breaks. At least I'd have the incentive.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
eloisel said:
So, today was the office party. One of the big office party traditions is the "White Elephant Gift" exchange. I always get crap so I don't care. So, when it was my turn to exchange, I traded the indoor grill I got on first go around for a tissue box some girl got on her first go around. I was happy. I can at least use tissue. Then, this guy decided to be a jerk and exchange his scented bubble bath set he got on the first go around for the tissue box. I'm allergic to perfumes and most scented stuff. I chunked that crap over on to somebody else's table. Now, twit head, who has known for at least seven years that I'm allergic, said I wasn't being a good sport. Oh, so I should gasp for breath, turn blue and pass out on the floor to be a good sport? He can kiss my unscented ass.

I would have kept the indoor grill. And used it to beat "twit head" to death.