DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Odd one last night, the loud screeching new girl on rooster teeth ruining all their videos was my girlfriend.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Police were after a serial killer at some facility. May have been the janitor or maintenance person? I'm in the room of most interest. There is a door to the corridors, etc, and then 2 closets that have a back door to service areas, and one more closet/wardrobe that has a secret door to the outside. The cops went off down one of the service corridors and I was stuck there, fiddling around with something or another. Of course the killer came out of the other corridor with a razor blade and I knew I couldn't get the secret door open soon enough so I just started screaming in hopes that someone would come. Oddly, it wasn't all that scary; more like I was playing a character in a story than that it was actually happening to me.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Two, completely unrelated--and that I have no idea what they're supposed to mean. I'm at some big sit-down dinner gathering that was some kind of mash-up of old family Christmases and being a Reservist for the war. I was monkeying around with a couple toy guns and a toddler little kid was interested in one of them. So some young guy in cammies at the table snatches it away from me. I make him give it back and "accidentally" clunk him in the head as I'm turning away from him. He jumps up and wants to fight. Dream winds down there. We're about to take a swing at each other and I started to wake up enough to remember that I used to be a wrestler and do an ankle pick on him and try to cause him to land hard on his head. Then I'm walking around the hick town I grew up near and some jackass is joyriding around. The curb of the sidewalk provides some degree of safety, if I stick near the buildings, but I'm starting to worry that he's going to jump the curb. So I find a kind of secret ladder set into the brickwork (like little 3x5" iron "U's", spaced about a foot apart) and start up it. Suddenly my brother is with me so I let him climb past me. I wonder if the steps are...if we'll get tired before getting to the top, but it's only a 2 story building and the steps are relatively substantial. Of course just like that, my brother falls off and down to the sidewalk below. His arm/shoulder may be injured, but he also has 2 fairly nasty lacerations running most of the length of 1 leg. I see our Mom in some storefront, at some social thing (which would likely never ever happen) but she isn't paying attention to us. So I start tearing up a t-shirt for bandages when I realize there are a bunch of surgical masks in the store window and some stockings and other things. I'm getting together bandages when I wake up.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Had a weird dream that I was going to have to fight Phil Mitchell from EastEnders, I started running away from him, and as a lot of dreams are, I was in my old flat, I ran down the stairs using a dream technique of jumping down them, catching hold of the wall and spinning around to the next stairwell.

I thought I had built up a big lead, but her got out at the same time, we both were knackered so we mutually agreed to get a taxi to the fight.

By the time we got to where the fight was a bunch of celebrities where there and I had to explain to a very angry Mike Tyson why he couldn't fight Sylvester Stallone.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Again, 2 unrelated morning dreams. Both fairly straightforward, one more utterly real than the other:
I'm at the vacant rental, getting it ready to rent again. There are a pair of huge tire ruts in the back yard and as I'm mentally cursing out the renter, I notice that the neighbor has put a big gate in the fence. 2, actually. As I'm pondering this, New Dog darts over into the neighbor's yard. I get her back once and close the gate but that's when I realize there's a second gate. Eventually get her back in the yard. End of dream.

Next dream, I'm in a car with a swinger couple, on the way to some event. There may or may not be some girl with me in the car. I don't recall. The swingers start getting undressed so I do too. The woman asks if I've ever done it with a dude and I know what the answer has to be if I'm going to get to do it with her, so I admit I never have but I'm open to it.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
A brace of morning dreams: 1) I've decided to attend some kind of party. It is, of course, disappointing, but not terrible. But then police decide to surround it. Some daring partygoers break the blockade but the rest of us are stuck. 2) Vintage "Dr. Who" episode. 1st Doctor (and yes, I think I was dreaming in black & white for this) and his companions encounter the Cybermen. But they are 1980s Cybermen. And they want to go straight to the top. Literally. They take an escalator to Cyber Control whilst the Cybermen attempt to stop them. Only there aren't just the generic Cybermen. There are Cybermen (and women) civilians. In fancy Cyber tophats and other accessories. When they finally get to their destination, they are represented in kind of weird jointed bead doll puppets. They haven't been transformed or anything, my narrative just knows this is an interface that lets them interact more effectively with the Cyberpeople.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I have been having rambling, really trippy dreams pretty much every night of late. Unfortunately I haven't remembered the details on waking. I do remember part of one from a few days ago. Shoot, I've even forgotten most of it. But at one point Sean Connery needed a ride somewhere so he rode in a 1989 Tim Burton Batmobile replica. Which was good because it went with Connery's Batman costume (he wasn't wearing the cowl, just the rest of the suit). And luckily there was some kind of heat shielding over the engine compartment so his cape wouldn't melt onto the bodywork. Oh, now I remember the other part: It was like, some kind of hiking trail thing, where there were significant "bucket list" destinations. And there were kind of hostel/base camp/waystations on the trail. A couple different parties rolled into the same camp but they were headed for the same destination, so they decided it was cool if they all stayed there that night. That's around when Bat-Connery needed a lift there.

Mirah

I love you
Hang on
Its going to be a wild ride

I'm at this camp-which is a normal dream for me
Nothing abnormal, just unpacking stuff, etc etc
but then my sister shows up and her and her BF and BFF are going on a bike ride and "I'm not gonna go"
They leave
And then suddenly I'm on my bike too
trying to catch up with them
and then it is obvious that my bike has no brakes, or I'm going too fast and I can't stop so I have to veer
AND THEN
We come over to this beautiful place-with lots of water, water on the left, water on the right and I'm goin in!
So I plunge over the side (and its quite a drop) and I hit the water and I'm pretty close to a rock wall-which turns
out to be cheeries.
It is a wall full of cherries, with stems and leaves on them
and I hear my sister cry out "MIrah! Not the cherries!" and I look up and I'm thinking, "Wow, those are going to avalanche on top of me"
So I swim away from those and to the entrance of this building, where people are and I yell up "Hey is there somewhere I can get up out of this water?" and the people point and so I swim over to that place
and then
I'm out of the water-and soon I am under a truck. I dont' know why. But I think it is the truck I will ride back in since my bike is in the water
and we are laying under this truck and I realize it is going to be uneven as soon as they start unloading it. I tap the roof with my hand-sure enough
the truck topples over and I am feeling crushed
and then I wake up.

Oh and when I was bicycling over the edge I heard my sister say "MIrah Noooo" and I yelled back, "Its okay! This is fun!"
and it was.

whisky

Boobie inspector
A couple of weird ones, Humber bridge falling down, russian bombers, aliens, so many explosions, the fact that the explosions were so close and didn't rattle the windows tipped me off that it was a dream and I woke.

Got back to sleep fairly quickly, then dreamed my garage, which had somehow become a two level barn had to go get an MOT, they said it needed repairs but they wouldn't tell me how much it would cost, then they said they couldn't fix it, as it was built over a swimming pool

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Last night was relatively coherent. No idea what it meant but it made sorta dream sense and had a narrative. I'm part of some team or group and we're wilderness trekking. We need to build a log cabin. Is it production for a movie? Documentary? Reality show? Who knows. We build the cabin. Some production person comes around to make sure we know the director or the 2nd unit or someone will be in to look at it for some shots and to be sure there's plenty of firewood for the fireplace by the TV. And sure enough there's an old CRT TV set next to a fireplace in one room, while my conscious brain is arguing that it's a simple cabin (it was a pretty nice cabin, but still) and only has the one fireplace. Meanwhile my dog started barking at something IRL so the dog wound up in the dream. There were a family of bears playing further up the trail and the dog was going to investigate so we had to call her back. There may have been other stuff, but I forget the rest.

CaptainWacky

I had a dream the The Expanse tv movies were officially announced. Very cruel of my brain.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I dreamed I was sat outside on the window ledge in my old flat, on the 11th floor, me and some lady was watching a parade from there, as the time went on I began to realise it was a terrible idea to be on that side of the glass so opened the window to climb back in, at this point I realized I was in my dressing gown, so not only did I have to climb back in without falling to my death, I also had to make sure this woman never saw my bits.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Was at a friend's house, they had some freindly dogs, but every time the friend left the room they would growl and snap at me, eventually one of them bit me on the balls and wouldn't let go, very happy to wake up shortly after.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I found a bunch of extra rooms in the house I didn't know I had, including an extra toilet, a room full of old retro games, which I was a bit annoyed at as everything was plugged in and turned on, then I went into another room and found a body, then realised these hidden room was used by a gang, who chased me with knives, I got out the house and flew up into the sky where they couldnt hurt me, but for the first time in a dream someone else could fly too, and I ended up having a knife fight in the sky.

CaptainWacky

Send that to DAVID LYNCH.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was on holiday somewhere, walking around the shops, Chris Evans and Brie Larson turned up with a cherry picker, put me on top of a building and started doing a live version of a trailer for their next film, specifically for me, but then they just started arguing and slagging each other off, then they both left, and I was still on the roof, I remember thinking how am I going to get down now, then the roof started collapsing, and as I tried not to fall in I woke up.

Mirah

I love you
My friends were in my dreams last night
And there was a dream about animals running through our camp. That was cool.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I dreamt my mosquito bites were actually rock stars and so I had to be careful scratching them when they itched.