DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Short morning dream but worth mentioning because it was a dream location I haven't had before. Or a variation on a previous location. I have a dream temp office job. I get paid fairly well and don't really ever wind up doing anything. Today my dream boss had some project he needed done ASAP that I didn't really understand but got started on it anyway. Meanwhile, I got a call from someone who was supposed to factor into the project with something he also needed right away. I asked a lot of questions and scribbled down a lot of notes that, looking at them later, didn't make sense because they were just keywords that were supposed to remind me of the phone conversation. Wound up getting an Excel example e-mailed to me that somewhat clarified the phone task--only I couldn't figure out a way to add lines in the new version of Excel. Boss showed me how to do that and I was able to use this as an opening to ask more about what he'd wanted me to do. Now it made sense enough that I could attempt it.

Next thing you know, I'm making poison arrows. I don't know why, but apparently poison arrows were a visual aid for the presentation and so I've got about 3 pots of liquid simmering on a stove and a mixture I'm dipping arrows in before loading them into a quiver. A voice in my head says it's dangerous to be making poison arrows. And that it's ultimately pointless. I could just dip them in melted butter or Elmer's glue or just one of the ingredients instead of making the actual poison, but at this point I'm about halfway done so I might as well finish it up. Of course I'm also scolding myself for fucking around with the arrows before doing the actual presentation--and worrying that I'm not going to have enough time to get it all done before the meeting.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Gah. Had 2 with some interesting symbology. But only remember the first--just before I woke up around 3am for a nice 2 hour bout of insomnia: There was some kind of intricate plumbing system and people were communicating covertly with it. Like, you'd tap on the pipes and open and shut valves and flow water through different paths. OK. The description is less than exciting, but the dream itself was pretty interesting.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Like, at least 3 really cool and disturbing dreams this morning. Unfortunately I forgot the last one.

First dream, I'm in some kind of mission control center with 3 technicians and President Donald Trump. They're directing a space shuttle through some crucial step of some mission. Trump is telling them what he needs done and the shuttle crew are willing to do it, but the head tech and his assistant are subverting him; shutting out controls, giving different instructions, etc. The other tech is trying to execute Trumps direction so the other two lock out all systems except the console they're sitting at. So then the other tech just switches everything off, cutting off all communication and information about the shuttle. Everyone's just dumbfounded because she's very likely just killed the shuttle crew, since they need mission control to land (or whatever they're doing) and who knows how long it will take to get everything rebooted and up and running. One of the other controllers has the official photo of the shuttle crew and is like, "I guess I'd better hang this on the memorial wall and Trump's like "Yep. I guess so." And it's pretty clear that the tech that shut everything down overreacted and is fucked.

The other dream, I'm at the Boy Scout summer camp of my childhood--only as an adult. I'm with a group and we've been directed to a campsite and told to pick a tent. (The "tents" are big enough for 4 twin-sized metal camp beds and have a wood floor with 2x4 framing and insect screen on all the sides. Oh, and a wood door with a spring to pull it closed. Then there's a canvas shell that goes over the whole thing. No heat, water, or electricity, though. But really more than a tent, but less than a cabin.) But all the beds seem to have been taken. I come back to the main tent and they're like "no, there's spaces, go find one." I make the rounds again, eventually realizing I've wandered into the next campsite. There's some kind of military show/convention going on and some Navy guy calls everyone to a sort of attention, so I do to, thinking it's the National Anthem or something. But it turns out to be more of a variety show performance, so I get back to looking for a place. As I'm doing this, there's a group of people bandaging up a baby's foot. It isn't going well and the blood has soaked through the bandage, so they're in the process of wrapping the bandage in plastic to stop the bleeding until they can get the baby to medical care. Now they happen to be standing at, like, a scenic overlook area next to a big--like Niagara Falls big--waterfall. And a big wave of water lifts itself up out of the falls, picks up all the adults, and throws them down into the foam at the bottom. It then forms a kind of hand that takes the baby and her toddler brother and starts carrying them down to the bottom of the falls, where these vampire-looking water spirits are waiting for them to be delivered. I think I may have shot at them or something with no effect and the kids disappear beneath the water with the nymphs or whatever they were.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Last night I was part of a diplomat/spy office. And there must have been some kind of communal embassy building or something, because The Other Guys (who may or may not have been Russians, I don't think my brain took the time to give them accents or anything) also had an office in the same building. So They asked me and another guy over to go through some old electronic junk they had. The guy I was with helped them find the thing they were looking for and then they cataloged the rest onto some shelf in their office. He logged down the interaction and then went back to our office. While our boss was reviewing the report, a couple of the other guys were giving the guy I'd gone over there with a hard time and saying he'd screwed up and his career was over. But our boss explained that it was all totally appropriate because the stuff was all old obsolete junk that They had already had in the office for years--maybe decades and we didn't compromise anything by helping them sort through it.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Not a terribly interesting dream. Pretty easy to understand. I have to go to some black tie event with some people who are supposed to be my parents and someone who's supposed to be my brother. Only they're totally not. In fact I think my brother was the guy who played Barney's gay black stepbrother in "How I Met Your Mother." "Parents" were just some generic man and woman who were older than me too.

Trouble is, I can't find any black socks. Eventually I just decide to wear these bright red ones. Then I realize the blue suit will go so much better with them and start changing into that. Then "Dad" checks in to see how I'm doing, in a tux, and I remember it's supposed to be black tie, so I start changing back into a tux when I wake up.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Two last night. Shorter, more boring one, my brother decided he was going to get back in the Marine Corps, so he was working with a recruiter to get in physical shape and I happened to be there. They were talking at the gate of a fence that I needed to get through and there was no other way through so I was stuck there.

Other one, there was some kind of strike or conflict with school bus drivers so one of the striking drivers followed one of the non-striking drivers (both buses had kids in them) and was making menacing actions toward him. So the next day I rode along and sure enough, the other bus immediately showed up. And now it had a snowplow fitted on it and was clearly intending to ram us. I had a gun but hesitated because there were kids on the other bus and shooting through 2 layers of auto glass would be problematic. But then the other driver also had a gun and started shooting at us. Shots started coming through the back window so I told everyone to get down. Since it was them or us, there looked to be kids on the bus old enough to drive (and since this guy wasn't behind the wheel anymore, someone else must already be driving) I returned fire, aiming for one of the existing holes in the windows. Hit him good. He fell out of the bus. He did eventually get up but he was clearly badly wounded and out of the fight.

Increasingly guns work for me in my dreams now. I wonder what this means. They never did before. I'd always have the wrong ammo or a part would be missing or something. Maybe next I can have more actual sex in my dreams (instead of being cockblocked by phone calls etc that my subconscious creates).

whisky

Boobie inspector
I never have working guns, but all my real guns are just BBs so maybe that's it.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I had a dream last night that as I was sleeping my brother's neighbor's kid climbed on top of me and wrapped herself around my legs. I pretended to be asleep and lifted her and my legs up while shouting "Here comes the hotstepper!". Next thing I know my brother comes in and is like "What the fuck? I don't know who you are." I said "I guess I don't exist." Then I woke up and it took me a few minutes to realize that I was dreaming and that didn't actually happen.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Oh. Fairly long, involved, detailed, and disturbing dream last night. I won't possibly remember all the detail, but I'll at least capture the general feel. It was sort of a Bohemian version of "The Shining." I'm visiting some friend that I haven't seen in forever (in the dream it isn't clear if I haven't seen him in forever--or even which friend). He's living in this kind of eclectic hotel/apartment--along with a fair proportion of other interesting people I haven't seen in awhile, with some generic random neighbors and roommates thrown in. For some reason I'm there with my Mom and she has to go somewhere so I have to say my goodbyes and head out to the car. Oh, and during the entire dream something is periodically making a loud banging noise--like the lid of a big plastic garbage tub being flipped shut or a screen door banging in the wind or some kind of motor that isn't in sync and periodically hits out of phase--kind of a heartbeat. Or artillery in the distance.

Anyway, on the way to the car I realize I've forgotten something and have to pop back in to get it, only the friend I was visiting is gone and I can't remember which door is his. Also, throughout the dream I'm constantly knocking over tall things--floor lamps, fake trees, etc. And once they fall over they won't stand back up. Things are getting more and more urgent so after about the 3rd thing I just give up and apologize and leave it on the ground. Eventually I realize I've been in there way too long and things seem to be changing around me--almost like I'm being lured to stay there. Also the banging/thumping is getting louder and more regular. I woke up to the last "thump." And I feel like I woke up BEFORE I heard it.

Now that I type it, this is maybe not as sinister and horror movie as my brain thought it at the time (part of me wanted to fall back asleep and get back into the dream and part of me felt like getting back in that dream was a really bad idea): A few nights back, someone was firing a shotgun off in the distance from time to time (I have NO idea what that was about). I wonder if that's what the thumping in my dream was. I don't think it was windy last night, so it wasn't like the wind was banging something. Very odd but interesting dream.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
So apparently my subconscious has a self-deprecating sense of humor. Short simple dream last night: It's nighttime and I'm in some kind of social common area. It didn't really feel like a bar, but something similar. I happen to be there alone, in a suit, so to amuse myself I start singing Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" a capella. 8-10 beautiful, young, multicultural people file into the room and are watching me intently. I hadn't planned on singing the whole song, but since they all seem so into it I'm giving it my all, hamming it up with whatever choreography I can manage--all while being painfully aware of how limited it must be for just my voice to carry the song without musical accompaniment.

Then I get done and one of the spectators is like "that song went on forever." They were politely humoring me since I was there first, but they really just wanted to watch a show on the big TV/white wall with an LCD projector in the space.

Mirah

I love you
I was driving this car
and then we were doing a getaway
but then I was walking
and the person ahead of me killed someone
I was with them, but they were walking ahead of me
I followed them and they pulled out the head of the person they murdered
at one point it was in my hands and I threw it on the ground
and then I got to where my car was
and noticed it had a flat tire
I convinced myself I did nothing wrong, but then realized I witnessed a murder and ran
so I was probably in trouble too
and then as I was looking underneath the car I noticed some money, I remember someone having it in thier hands and so they must have just stuffed it into my car,
well its mine now. But then I noticed more, and then like 3 or 4 boxes of money
and on the outiside of one of the boxes it had a church name-offerings! and then some other people came to steal it, so I was stealing it instead, and then I noticed rows of cash and I told them they could have that and I took the boxes-
but i still didn't have a car, so I was just walking around w/ cash in my pockets trying not to look inconspicuous.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I've had some doozies the past few nights, but I can't even remember snippets of them right now.

whisky

Boobie inspector
People were trying to shoot me from a high rise building, then they started firing rockets. I just kept running and weaving.

Mirah

I love you
As far as dreams go-that one was one of the strangest for me-not my usual style of dream.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Last night's was fairly straightforward. I was working some job from home that I hated. But some VIP was in town so I had to come into the office to present something. Of course I'm conspicuously in my standard office attire of a robe, jammies, and slippers, in a corner, trying to be inconspicuous and thinking it they weren't idiots, they'd send me home or hide me somewhere. But apparently the dickhead boss wants to embarrass me--even if it means embarrassing himself and the company by having me there. There's delays, of course, so we're all just milling about. Eventually the boss starts bringing people into his office to be dicks to them. And part of that is making them stand around and wait while he's berating someone else. He's just about to get to me when someone decides they've had enough and walks out. And the entire office walks out on our boss.

As we're on the way out the door, the catered lunch shows up. So someone decides we should take it. But someone else has issues with this and it creates a traffic jam so we have to redirect the whole angry mob through some poor receptionist's lobby (I don't know why she wasn't quitting with us). Since I was somehow involved in this decision, I stayed behind to clean up the mess caused--because we promised to do that. And then The Boss catches up and grabs me because I'm the only one who stayed to clean up. Something else happened but I forget what it was and I woke up not long after that.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I dreamed me and a bunch of other people were time travellers on the Titanic, we bumped into so many others I asked if anyone there wasn't a time traveller.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I had some bananas ones last night, but I don't have time to write them down now and I'll probably forget them before I do. See if I can leave an anchor: I'm on the clock in some kind of lab or office, but I'm doing something else that isn't work related. Meanwhile a monitor is playing a feed of a meeting about stuff I'm supposed to be working on and I find a machine that should kill the monitor if I switch it off...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I'm on the clock in some kind of lab or office, but I'm doing something else that isn't work related. Meanwhile a monitor is playing a feed of a meeting about stuff I'm supposed to be working on and I find a machine that should kill the monitor if I switch it off. But then I realized that the machine that controlled the monitor also controlled something else important. So I tried to turn it back on quickly and act like I had nothing to do with it.

Eventually it was time to go somewhere so I had to change out of a robe and jammies. Didn't have time to go home so I laid down in a long concrete planter next to an outdoor cafe to try to wriggle into street clothes without calling too much attention to myself. A cute couple were sitting at the table next to me and the girl was checking out my junk as I was putting my pants on. She reached out to touch my thigh and I flinched because at first I thought it was the guy touching me. Somehow I knew she was up for some fun--and that her boyfriend was bi. So I had to decide if she was hot enough--and just what way (and how much) the boyfriend would be involved.

Nothing came of that and the dream moved on to some other scenario that may or may not have been related, but I can't remember that.

whisky

Boobie inspector
A little context to this dream, my sister in law and my neices aren't talking to me because they weren't in my mum's will, I never took them off Facebook, I just stopped following them.

I'm a dream last night I was at a party, it was some kind of celebration of mum's life, they showed up unexpectedly, hugged me, and I explained to them that I couldn't go against mum's will as it was her wishes, and they seemed to understand all was fine aftwards, then I woke up, checked Facebook, and every single one of them had blocked me.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Me and some unidentified person had to steal a small airplane for...reasons. Neither of us had any flight training but it was a pretty simple plan. The only catch was it had this big streamer sign banner attached behind the tail. We couldn't figure out how to get it off before taking off but we thought there had to be some kind of release button on the control panel. We couldn't find it, so I climbed out on the outside of the plane to have another attempt at disconnecting it (that's relatively safe to do in dreams, apparently). Finally, I remembered how old cars had controls for the headlight dimmer and the...washer fluid?...on the floor, so I was feeling around on the floor for something to press with my feet.