3 Body Problem

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh no, Sam!!!!

I think the one with cancer was somehow playing the game. Or something similar, maybe. He could see Ron's hat.

If these aliens need a new home, aren't there millions of planets out there they could try out? DO THEY NEED EARTH?

Mirah

I love you
I thought he was just playing along. I'm getting ready to delve into 6 tonight.

Who knows what kind of place they need. I don't!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be brutally honest; I wasn't impressed by the first episode at all. I thought it was poorly acted, poorly paced (the biggest offender) and just rather lackluster in general. The dialogue felt more like subpar script writing (which it was) than anything approaching natural interactions with the characters, which the episode also failed to make me care for.

Maybe some issues are due to it being adapted from the books but that is where the ADAPTED part comes in. Instead, we were subjected to a series of dreary and uneventful scenes that dragged on until the final moments of the hour-long premiere. It's not an auspicious beginning.

Maybe the show can pick up pace from here, and I won't drop it yet, but it's not a great start for me.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
End of episode 3 spoiler: not happy about what happened to a certain character as I found that character entertaining and they seemed important for the balance of the group. Maybe they'll come back as a hologram or something.

Epsidoe 4 spoilers: the scene with Jonathan Pryce talking to the alien didn't make much sense? The aliens don't know what lies or stories are, but they invented that game to tell their story to people? And haven't they been talking to Evan for years? This made it look like they were talking for the first time.

Mirah

I love you
I accidently watched all the way up to the end of 7 last night. I'm not happy about that certain charcter dying either.

I agree, if they have been talking to that guy for such a long time how is it that they are just now hearing about a lie.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, doesn't make sense they don't know about lying. I guess they are like a hive, like the Borg, maybe? It would be impossible for them to lie to each other. I wonder why they think Ye wanted to help them conquer earth? Maybe they just did not have a concept of lying. It's also weird they call the aliens Lord.

Mirah

I love you
I like Auggie /Dr Salazar (Eliza Gonzalez)
There was criticism of her in some article I read.

I think in ep 4 or 5 the cop has a discussion with Ye about Vera's father and I don't follow it well, even the 2nd time watching it. Anyone?

CaptainWacky

Evans was her father but didn't have anything to do with her growing up.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
BUGS!

StarMan™

Don't know a thing about the book. Watched Episode 1 tonight; good enough to motivate me to watch episode 2.

It did feel brisk in laying down the foundation, tho.

CaptainWacky

I'm nearly finished and you certainly can't accuse if of being slow-paced.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Ep 6 was a bit sad.

CaptainWacky

They need to get that fish a bigger bowl.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I'll be watching it on the plane tonight.

CaptainWacky

I've watched it all now. SPOILERS.

I think I liked it but there are certainly issues. I liked the big ideas and the scope and how far it went with some things. But man it also felt rushed. I haven't read the books but I definitely got the feeling of them jumping from plot point to plot point and I imagine the book lingered on some things a lot longer. Characters are kind of a mixed bag and it's hard to get a feel on who the "main" character is. Will's story was good but then he isn't in the finale because he's just a brain now (I'm GUESSING the aliens will still find him somehow?) Auggie doesn't really have a reason to be in the show after slicing up the boat. I was sad about Jack dying as he added some needed levity. I don't know, I kind of feel like reading the books now so I can be a snob about it.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I just finished ep 7. I really like Will, WHY MUST HE BECOME A FROZEN BRAIN? lol

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I hope the aliens find Will someday :(

POUR ONE OUT FOR THE BUGS!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I watched the "Trixie and Katya Watch 3 Body Problem" reaction video, that's all I got. Even if KEIKO is in it...