3 Body Problem

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

I miss when we all used to watch tv shows and post about them together.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That looks like the kind of show I would watch and post in the MF about!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I think I will watch that tonight with my wife and post about it after.

StarMan™

From the creators of Game of Thrones

I'd like confirmation from D&D that they're committed to the project from start-to-finish and won't be itching to jump ship in the final quarter of production. If so, then ... looks cool!

CaptainWacky

GOT was still good while it was based on the books and this is based on a (completed) series of books so maybe it'll be good!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

It sounds like they did a good job adapting the books.

CaptainWacky

I watched the first 2 episdoes, it's good. There's a lot of characters though so sometimes you won't see one of them for like 40 minutes.

Ade Edmondson and Kevin Eldon showing up in episode 2 was weird/surprising.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I watched the 1st one. It's pretty good! Super creepy.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
So, I started reading the first book last year, and while I struggled a bit with what was a rather long and drawn-out period right at the beginning of the book during the Chinese Cultural Revolution (which was actually interesting, just a bit of a slog right at the start), I was enjoying it quite a bit before I put it down and sort of forgot about it. My reading discipline has been bad for a few years now, and I really should sort it out.

I knew this was coming out at some point, and I am pretty intrigued, so I think I'll watch one or two episodes tonight. Also, I'll watch anything with Benedict Wong in it after watching Marco Polo (very underrated show that was sadly cancelled), who played Kublai Khan and totally stole every single scene he was in. Great actor.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Watched the 1st episode last night with my wife. With the exception of the beginning (which I know was in the book but still seemed like a non-sequitur) I am totally in. we had a long talk about the Chinese Cultural Revolution after watching.

We'll watch the 2nd this evening over cocktails and home made apps.

CaptainWacky

Wongers is great in everything.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
RE-HYDRATE THE MASSES!

Mirah

I love you
ooops I had only watched the first episode. Watching 2nd one now. I get lost sometimes it seems like episodes are 5 hours long the way I watch them in between doing stuff. And we are all in luck because Netflix will stop at Season 1 and Season 2 will only be available by moving to Mars. Sorry.

Mirah

I love you
The show is facing criticism in China, saying it is making them look bad. And for the changes in characters and place of story.

I happen to be reading "Heavenly Man" about a man in China who was tortured for years for his beliefs.

Mirah

I love you
Okay, I'm on episode 4 and I've got maybe 5 minutes left and its pissing me off.

Why did they leave her alone? AAAAAHHHHH I don't know what is going to happen next, but that part is stupid. Don't ever leave your main person victim alone!!

CaptainWacky

Ade Edmondson and Kevin Eldon showing up in episode 2 was weird/surprising.
Reece Shearsmith and Mark Gatiss in episode 3 too. IS THE SURVIVING CHUCKLE BROTHER GOING TO SHOW UP SOON?