Xbox is broken AGAIN.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
This pisses me off. My 360 suddenly decided to stop reading discs. I put a disc in the drive, it says "reading" makes a slight noise, then says "open tray". Does this with every disc. I bought it refurbished in June, so of course there isn't any warranty. (That's the last time I try to save a few bucks) So, it's either pay $99, send it back to Microsoft and hope it doesn't just break again. Or spend $299 on a new one. :mad:

Aquehonga

Un Banned
I remember hearing a while back on WordForge from a poster there, in their Media Central or Press Start forums, that X-Box 360s have a 33% failure rate:eek:

:wtf:

Damn:hmmm:

It was a thread about PS3s initially, if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure what to suggest.

It's a hard call to make.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
I think it was said that the failure rate had been as high as 40%, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. In any event, I'm going to have to do one or the other, because changing platforms isn't feasible for me for a number of reasons.
1. Pissed off kids who wouldn't get to play certain games. 2. I have a lot of $$ invested in 360 titles. 3. No more playing Halo with Love Child. :(
I wonder if the newer models have the reliability issues fixed, or if they're all the same junk under the hood?

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
Haha PS3 is better; change platforms, fast.

Kthnx

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
Ah yes, this thread is a perfect example of American 'reliability' in their products. Much like GM, Chrysler, Ford, American financial institutions, yes? As a Canadian, I am LAUGHING. The USA has become such a joke for we Canadians. If we need a good laugh, we point to the USA, and crack ourselves up.