WVU reviewing incident after Huggins uses anti-gay slur on air

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

WVU reviewing incident after Huggins uses anti-gay slur on air

Bob Huggins, the longtime West Virginia men's basketball coach, used an anti-gay slur in an interview with a Cincinnati radio station on Monday, an incident he later apologized for in a statement. The situation is under review by both the university and its athletic department. "Any school that can throw rubber penises on the floor and then say they didn't do it, my God, they can get away with anything," Huggins said in the interview.

During an appearance on the Bill Cunningham Show on Newsradio 700 WLW, Huggins was asked about his former in-city rivalry with Xavier during his time as the Cincinnati's coach from 1989 to 2005...Cunningham then responded and said, [b["I think it was 'transgender night,' wasn't it?" Huggins then said, "What it was, was all those f-gs, those Catholic f-gs, I think."[/b]

Huggins, 69, is a West Virginia graduate who also coached at Akron before being hired at Cincinnati then coached at Kansas State before joining the Mountaineers. In 38 years on the Division I college sidelines, Huggins has an 863-389 career record and a .689 winning percentage.

Click Here For Complete Story

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Xavier University President Colleen Hanycz releases statement on Bob Huggins' comments

Huggins, UC's head basketball coach for 16 seasons from 1989-2005, issued an apology on Twitter Monday after the news of his comments went viral, saying, "there are consequences for our words and actions, and I will fully accept any coming my way. Xavier President Collen Hanycz released a statement addressing the matter Tuesday afternoon on Twitter.

Click Here For Full Story

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
A New York jury quickly reached the conclusion on Tuesday that Donald Trump sexually abused the journalist E. Jean Carroll, pummeling him with a $5 million punishment for forcing himself on her—and defaming her for years. Ending a two-week civil trial in federal court, a nine-panel jury of New Yorkers concluded that the real estate mogul did, in fact, violently attack magazine journalism E. Jean Carroll in 1996—pinning her against a wall while she stood inside the fitting room at a high-end Manhattan clothing store Bergdorf Goodman. The six men and three women reached their verdict after just three hours of deliberation, having heard Carroll put on a case based entirely on her memory—and that of two close friends she confided in afterward who were sworn to silence for nearly three decades.

Last edited:

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
:wtf:

Bob Huggins takes $1M salary reduction for anti-gay slur

West Virginia basketball coach Bob Huggins will return to the sideline next season in the wake of using an anti-gay slur in a radio interview earlier this week. Huggins has agreed to a million-dollar salary reduction, a three-game suspension and sensitivity training. Huggins' suspension will take place during the Mountaineers' first three regular-season games, and his contract will be amended from a multiyear agreement to a year-by-year pact that will begin May 10, 2023, and end April 30, 2024.

The university said that, "according to the Williams Institute, West Virginia has the highest percentage of transgender youth in the nation. To address the concerns of our West Virginia youth, Coach Huggins will be required to meet with LGBTQ+ leaders from across West Virginia with guidance from the leadership of WVU's LGBTQ+ Center." The $1 million from Huggins' reduced salary will support the university's LGBTQ+ Center, the Carruth Center and "other state and national organizations that support marginalized communities."

Click Here For Full Story