What's with all the hashtag shit on Facebook

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
People doing like #whydidiifuckup and other stupid stuff. Are they trying to start a trend?

#confused

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Does Twitter and Facebook link now?

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Possibly. But it's more personal stuff than worldwide. Like I understand people doing it about Frankenstorm, but just random bizarreness I don't get.

I'm sure people don't get my FB posts, so I don't know why I'm bitching.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They use stupid hashtags on Twitter too. I think it just becomes a habit to make one up, for some people. #whydidipostthis #noonelistens #everyonehatesme THEY DO THAT.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It's part of the vast internet conspiracy to have everyone talk in the same way and eliminate all personality and creativity, until eventually you just click a few boxes on Facetwitter and it generates a page for you and you just sit there like a zombie as it generations motivational posters of cats wearing kilts that don't even make sense. #justsaying #don'tshootthemessenger

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
EGGS MAYO IS IN LEAGUE WITH THE DEVIL.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
You have a new follower on Twitter

Licorice Nipples
@LicoriceNipples

I hate Batman. Twitter is my precious. Taken. Alf touched my pee-hole. My robot brain needs Pez.

I AM AFRAID.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Sounds like fun!

Part of the hashtag thing is due to people having connected Twitter accounts, but a lot of the time it is people being attention whores who can't express themselves properly.

But like Cassie says, even on Twitter hashtags get overused. They're supposed to be used to help people connect who are talking about the same subjects, but who's going to be searching for people who've had a #badday or who've #fuckedupagain?

Love Child

One Love
My new favorite FB posts are people who say stuff like this:

"I just spent the last hour trying to open this package (picture of XBOX game)" #firstworldproblems

"I ran out of hairspray this morning, broke a nail,stepped on gum" #firstworldproblems

Oh yeah, PS is there an actual @firstworldproblems page?!?! See, I don't think there is, I don't know about these things!!!!!!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
No, there isn't. It's just a popular topic.

There's actually a charity that recorded poor Africans reading out #firstworldproblems tweets to guilt trip people. The organisers didn't seem to realise that people who use the hashtag are already aware that they're privileged and that that's the whole point, but it is a good way of getting money anyway.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

I keep talking about unfollowing some of the accts that I follow because I can't keep up, but now I've added two more :rwmad: (THIS IS THE TWITTER THREAD NOW, BITCHES)

Parvesh Cheena tweeted @ me, that makes the 3rd famous person to notice my existence! SO now I have to follow him back, it's only fair. He tweets a lot, too. And of COURSE I'm following that licorice nipples person. I should unfollow The Huffington Post, then I could probably keep up with all the rest of the tweets. #whitewhine #firstworldproblems

Love Child

One Love
I don't know how to do this!

So I just set up to follow a whole bunch of people just now.....Man Donald Trump sure posts a lot!

I don't even know what I would say on Twitter.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
WILL FACEBOOK EVER ALLOW GIFS?