The Peripheral

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I was better for not having the too evil guy, I bet he'll be back next week tho.

I was a bit confused during part of this. I don't remember the hackers, but probably because Beebee is usually annoying me when I try to watch something.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I didn't really know where they came from either.

CaptainWacky

ANOTHER EVIL GUY. I found this one more entertaining than crucifying guy. I guess they'll team up or fight.

Chloe beating up Evil Future Woman was fun.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, new evil guy is better than old evil guy. He's more believably evil. Just regular murderer evil.

I still don't understand why they decided to pay super evil guy instead of kill him. If they had killed him, Jasper and Billy Ann would be free! I guess Deputy Tommy will be joining Chloe and her brother soon.

CaptainWacky

There should be a cure for evil in the future than can be sent back in time to cure evil.

CaptainWacky

Why did they give Chloe's future robot body sexy lipstick anyway? Not that I'm complaining lol.

There's only 8 episodes in this season and this was episode 6! It still kind of feels like the show is just getting started.

How did Corbel get a hot evil wife?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They are dragging out parts of it, IMO.

I was just thinking that sometimes I know what's going on and sometimes I am a bit lost, then I remembered that is how it is when you read Gibson.

CaptainWacky

I wish they'd fully explained what's going on with the future stuff earlier.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

WELL, episode 7 was certainly very eventful and a lot of thingsare paying off and becoming clear. Like we finally pretty much know what's going on with Chloe and why everyone wants her robot body. I didn't expect Tommy to go so hardcore!

Anjli Mohindra as a hot robot is very good.

Definitely feels like there's A LOT for the finale to tie up and I guess they're hoping for a season two.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh I wish Tommy made sure Corbel was dead! At least the other evil guy is srsly dead.

CaptainWacky

Unless they have a cure for bullet wounds they can send back in time...

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

The finale definitely didn't feel like an ending at all. They must have been really planning on a season two, but William Gibson is tweeting #renewThePeripherial right now so it's not quaranteed!

Flynne has to stay in the future forever now, I guess? Or did she go to another timeline in the past and then go to the future from there? I'm confused.

I like the show overall: the acting was really good (love that CGM), it looked great, I enjoyed the hard sci-fi concepts. I do think it was a bit weirdly paced. It felt like some stories were just getting started in the finale. I'm not really sure what's going on with Wilf and his sister, that felt underwritten or something. I don't know why we spent so much time with Corbel when he didn't really do much to impact Flynne's story. Will we even see that timeline in season two if Flynne left it? I guess Burton will come to the future to look for her?

There's a post credits scene but it's just the evil rich guy being evil and rich.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It was a great finale! I didn't understand Flynne's plan either, I suppose she is a peripheral now?

I was glad Jasper got even, but he's going to feel so guilty. I hope he doesn't turn evil because of it.

CaptainWacky

If only his wife hadn't told him to cheat at Monopoly.

CaptainWacky

Surely Amazon wouldn't tweet this if they weren't renewing the show.

CaptainWacky

It got renewed.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yay!

CaptainWacky

At least you know you aren't to blame for it being cancelled because you didn't watch it.

CaptainWacky