The Boys

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
A-Train is probably still alive, but if he was dead it would be fine since actually doing something good for once would basically be the end of his story arc.

MODMAN

I'm finally caught up after Herogasm. Hell of an episode to finish my binge on! What a wild ride - absolutely head over heels for it. One of the most entertaining and satisfying shows I've seen in a long time.

Now I have to wait patiently with the rest of you for the next episode.

A-Train is probably still alive, but if he was dead it would be fine since actually doing something good for once would basically be the end of his story arc.

Yeah, I think he's still alive. If not. . . as you say, it's a fitting way to go.

I half-expect the season to end with downtown New York mirroring the Dawn of the Seven scene from S3 opener.

MODMAN

I love Paul Reiser in this.

Damn - another cracker. Didn't see that last-minute jaw drop coming. Goodness.

I liked the slower, character-focused beats after last week's head-spinning clusterfuck.

Give us a 90 minute finale you glorious bastards.

CaptainWacky

Urgh, is next week's the finale already? They should have ten episodes at a minimum.

I hope Noir does something cool next week but I've got a feeling Soldier Boy will just kill him in seconds.

Ashley is so hilariously obnoxious. "Can I get a what-what?"

Butcher's already had more than three doses so by rights he should die, but there's no way that will happen?

Last edited:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Wow, they really fucked with A-Train! I'm glad Kamiko got her powers back.

whisky

Boobie inspector
So after spending an episode trapped in his own mind where the general theme was, don't be a cunt, when he wakes up and finds out he's killing Hughie he's immediately a cunt.

MODMAN

My assumption is - given what Butcher knows about V24, there ain't no way he's letting Hughie near the stuff again. Is his intention to load up on the temp. V, knock out Hughie then Scorched Earth Take II?

I also wonder if the original Compound V factors in? Kamiko and Frenchy still have that half dose. Perhaps in the finale Butcher is at death's door after him and Homelander knock over a few skyscrapers, so the gang administer the classic version in a hail mary?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Kind of a disappointing ending, all that build up for a fight where noone dies, and all the pieces are still in play for next season.

CaptainWacky

It felt like Maeve and Soldier Boy were definitely going to be dead then they just weren't. But she's out the show anyway and he'll probably only make a surprise return late next season.

The ending was definitely a take on...

“I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and wouldn’t lose any voters, okay?” Trump said, mimicking firing a gun with his fingers. “It’s, like, incredible.”

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The kid is gonna be so evil.

CaptainWacky

Season four will be stopping Victoria from becoming president, season five they finally kill Homelander and Butcher dies too. THE END.

Last edited:

whisky

Boobie inspector
So just to be clear, Mauve loses her powers half way up the outside of a skyscraper, then falls the rest of the way as a human, and survives?

CaptainWacky

Maeve landed on some boxes!

I don't think Butcher will be alive when the show ends.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

I was going to say maybe that was because of covid but even the first season was 8 episodes and that was definitely before covid so yeah fuck THE NORM.

CaptainWacky

I guess we don't get season 4 until next year, but the spin-off is coming in two months.

Why do they censor the swears but not the brutal murders.

CaptainWacky

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I loved Jensen Ackles as Soldier Boy last season, but I REALLY disliked how poorly they handled the ending. It made no sense and annoyed me quite a bit, but I'm still hyped for Season 4. I hope they don't fall into the trap of struggling to come up with new ways for Homelander to be comically evil (okay, he will be, but it has to make sense) because they have to keep escalating. To be honest, as good as the show is, they rely quite a bit on shock factor, which is fine, but there needs to be meat on the bone as well. The Season 3 finale showed that cracks are forming a bit in the writers' room, so I hope they have a solid plan for what they want to do.

Haven't seen the spinoff yet but I hear good things?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Your enjoyment may vary depending on your tollerence for exploding cocks.