Supergirl: The Final Season

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It comes back in the UK this week, so here's a thread for me to post "it was okay I suppose" every week about the final season of Supergirl.

whisky

Boobie inspector
They sure crammed a lot into those first 15 minutes. I wonder how much of that was from the episode they had to drop half way through because of covid.

CaptainWacky

Yeah it felt like the second half of a two hour finale. But the first hour was a year ago so I couldn't remember most of what was going on.

Lex playing with all the weapons to 'We Are The Champions' was the best part.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Yes, also when you briefly saw Miss Testmarker I could have sworn Kara's sister was with her despite being in a different scene at the same time.

Also it's been six years, why can't I remember her name?

CaptainWacky

Alex.

CaptainWacky

Kara didn't seem very surprised to see her dad.

whisky

Boobie inspector
That sure was a quick trial.

Episode feels like it has bits cut out.

Also man on trial for trying to kill half the world has one guard making sure he behaves.

Other than the what we do in the shadows homage this was a seriously dull episode.

CaptainWacky

BAT.

CaptainWacky

It's lucky all the Martians have names that sound exactly the same as human names.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Dosnt seem like a lot of Supergirl in Supergirl.

I thought Tesco value Helen Mirren was going to be evil in the end. Maybe they are saving that for next week.

CaptainWacky

Melissa Benoist was either pregnant or had just had her baby so they stuck her in the Phantom Zone to reduce her time on set.

CaptainWacky

This show is so dull now. I mainly only watch to perv on Nia.

CaptainWacky

whisky

Boobie inspector
I liked it martian manhunter said it would be like some kind of global pandemic, and looked straight into the camera.

CaptainWacky

So they travel back in time 12 years but Cat Grant looks 30 years younger than Calista Flockhart? How does that work?

Anyway, it was actually the best episode of the season so far as Nia and Brainy are the most fun characters and the girls playing young Kara and Alex are perfectly cast (and hot in Alex's case.)

CaptainWacky

Second part wasn't quite as good but still cute. Nia and Young Kara in their prom dresses made me feel really old for kind of guilty for enjoying looking at them.