Resident Alien

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member

Halfway through the first season and it's a lot of fun. I only decided to give it a go because of Alan Tudyk and he definitely carries the show pretty heavily but its got an off-beat charm and comedy to it that I enjoy. It's a SyFy production so don't expect AAA production values but it doesn't really need them for the story it's telling.

The first season just wrapped (10 episodes) so it's prime for binge-watching. Worth checking out for sure.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
It's on youtube? I don't think I can stream SyFy. God knows I have enough channels.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The advert they showed on Sky made it look like a comedy show where he's friend with a cute kid or something (that trailer looks different.)

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
The advert they showed on Sky made it look like a comedy show where he's friend with a cute kid or something (that trailer looks different.)

He's mortal enemies with the kid and trying to murder him all the time. It's one of the best parts of the show. The kid is actually a good actor as well which is rare.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
So is that the paid youtube tv? I get a free month so I may sign up :D

CaptainWacky

I might watch it eventually who knows!

CaptainWacky

I watched the first episode of this in my endelss quest to watch every tv show ever made (or to find something new to watch in the background while I'm lying down trying not to think about death.) It was pretty decent. Alan Tudyk is a very good comedy actor. Of course it's already obvious he's going to fall in love with humanity (or at least the other doctor) and not kill us all but obvious isn't always bad. I'll probably watch more!

CaptainWacky

Halfway through the first season and it's a lot of fun. I only decided to give it a go because of Alan Tudyk and he definitely carries the show pretty heavily but its got an off-beat charm and comedy to it that I enjoy. It's a SyFy production so don't expect AAA production values but it doesn't really need them for the story it's telling.

The first season just wrapped (10 episodes) so it's prime for binge-watching. Worth checking out for sure.

Did you start watching it because of Robert Duncan McNeill?

(I've watched the first three episodes, it's quite funny! Tudyk is great but the supporting cast are funny too, especially the bar owner girl who likes him.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I just finished the 1st one. This looks like it will be good!

CaptainWacky

I GOT HER TO WATCH IT, MENTY.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Did you start watching it because of Robert Duncan McNeill?

I was confused so I looked it up. Had no idea he was involved with the show. Nice!

(I've watched the first three episodes, it's quite funny! Tudyk is great but the supporting cast are funny too, especially the bar owner girl who likes him.)

Aye, the rest of the cast grows on you.

I'm Twitter friends with the Sherrif on the show. We both follow each other and like each other's rants about conservatives.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I love the kid, he's so funny.

CaptainWacky

I thought McNeill might have mentioned it on his podcast or something.

The kid actor is good, and his little Muslin friend.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I watched eps 4 and 5 today, and there were so many times I actually laughed.

Harry got an erection and thought his penis was dying. He asked the guy if he shivers when he pees. When he said "I'm feeling attacked, I am snowflaking".

I REALLY NEEDED A FUN SHOW. I'm trying not to watch it all at once.

CaptainWacky

I hope he actually does wipe out humanity in the finale. It would be quite the twist.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I only have one more episode left! grrr

So awesome they got Giorgio Tsoukalos on the show!