POW!!!

The Question

Eternal
No, this has nothing to do with Nacchi'srevenge, it has to do with what a DVD just did in my roommate's computer for no apparent reason. The DVD drive was cycled up pretty good -- despite the fact that no one had the game on the disc running -- and then BAM!!! Almighty godawful fucking sound from the DVD drive and it finally cycles down with a sorta clickety-clickety-clickety going on.

So I'm sitting shaking and trying to re-explain to myself why I don't have a gun strapped to my hip, and finally reach up and hit the button for the DVD drive on a suspicion that that's where the sound came from. Sure enough, it opens and little bits of shattered plastic fall out of it.

:scared:

Acrimonious

It can happen, but it's extremely rare. It's usally caused by an imbalanced disk, like little sticky labels the video stores put on them, or cheaply made burnables.

I had one shatter in my 52x drive once.

The Question

Eternal
Well, it's scarier than all unholy shit, I'll tell ya what. Scarier than the thought of Hillary Clinton topless.

:| Okay... maybe not that scary. Pretty god damned scary, though.

The Question

Eternal
Hillary Clinton went topless on your CD drive? Oh, and exactly what the hell is it the Asian chick in your sig anim is doing? Playing a round of footsie with that dude?

Poor dude, he's just eatin' his lunch and here's this bitch with a bad attitude and no panties doin' some kind of under-the-table noodle voodoo... :fear:

The Question

Eternal
starguard said:
No, I think shes playing a crotch game called "Flash the Snatch" :shock:

One of several varieties of "Under The Table Noodle Voodoo." :)

Shitty Dual

schroedinger's fat
I had a cd snap right in two after being dropped (not thrown, DROPPED) from about chest high onto a linoleum floor. I couldn't believe my fucking eyes.

Maybe sometimes they just get made with some cheap, brittle plastic.