Nvidia are the biggest twats in the world.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
They STILL haven't got a decent WHQL driver for Vista. They finally updated from 96.47 to 100.65 yesterday and they still fucking suck.

I'm playing Galactic Civilizations 2: Dark Avatar and it freezes every 10 minutes and the interface is sluggish as hell. Went on the Stardock forums and found that everyone running Vista with nvidia drivers had the same problem. It's got nothing to do with GC2, it's a fault with nvidia that they are apparantley working on. :roll:

They've had all this time through both betas to get a working set of fucking drivers ready for launch and they have failed miserably. If that wasn't bad enough the nvidia panel still doesn't work properly and you can't make any modifications to the card like overclocking due to nvidia's retarded drivers. The next edition better be fucking blinging because I'm not happy.

Cranky Bastard

Galactic Civ 2 is a great game... although sometimes known as "Sim Starbases."

My version is "Dread Lords." Is "Dark Avatar" a new expansion?!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, Dark Avatar is the new expansion and you must get it if you're a fan of Dread Lords. It's more than just an average expansion and adds tons of new shit to the game, up's the graphics, adds asteroids as mineable resources, streamlines the tech tree, adds research options to colonize planets with aquatic, radioative, heavy gravity atmospheres, ect.

It's the biz.

Regarde:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/750/750725p1.html

I just wish nvidia would hurry up and fucking release the next set of drivers so I could fucking play it!!

Cranky Bastard

With 2 separate drives, you probably could. Vista on one and XP on the other. However, you should be able to select properties on the starting icon and run in XP emulation mode from Vista.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
You could dual-boot XP on a Vista machine though it's too much hassel for me to actually bother with. I run XP on my laptop since It's good to have an XP machine around since it's still early days for Vista.

I guess I could install Galactic Civ on the laptop but I like to keep the laptop strictly buisness and leave anything recreation worthy on the main.

Nothing to add, just getting my name to the top of all of the forums (i.e. "Vanity Spam").

so Menty, when are we getting a new Edit?

Sredni Vashtar

the beautiful
If Nvidia are the same bunch of dickheads who recently supplied media-player software to my employer I'm not surprised.

That dog won't hunt.

The Question

Eternal
kicking old people in their crotches is good sporting fun.