Just Watched Batman Begins

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
MOST OVERRATED MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN.

(I haven't seen Serenity.(

((I haven't seen BB either but that's besides the point!))

WHAT IS HE BEGINNING?

IS IT "BATMAN BEGINS TO FIGHT CRIME" OR "BATMAN BEGINS TO BAKE A CAKE" OR "Batman begins going back to communitiy college so he can get a better job" or WHAT???

CaptainWacky

It's "Batman Begins to date Katie Holmes but she's not going to be in the sequel because Tom Cruise won't let her leave the house now."

First laugh-out-loud thing all week.

"Shhhhh Katie, no noise in childbirth. It upsets the child."

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"YOU AREN'T DEPRESSED, KATIE. YOU JUST HAVEN'T BEEN PROPERLY PROGRAMMED YET!"

I thought BB rocked. Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon was a stroke of genius.

I agree Eggs. Finally a scary Batman! Holy crap did that stupid TV show derail the concept of the comics.

(Actually I liked the TV show too but was glad to see some darkness back in the Dark Knight.)

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Wait. THAT was Katie Holmes!?!? Did her mom do a bunch of drugs when she was pregnant, that bitch had some serious fish eye going on.

I wasn't really that enamoured with the plot, it wasn't very cohesive, it just kept throwing unconnected and badly motivated actions at the screen. It was filmed well enough though and the cast was a whos who of great Hollywood actors but I

Oh yeah and I guessed before I put the DVD in the drive that there would be a Joker themed cliffhanger at the end and I was right.

It really wasnt a bad movie at all but It certainly wasn't great. But hey, Mr Freeze was nowhere in sight so its all ok.

CaptainWacky

ICE to see you again, Menty.

The power to kill? Are you kidding me?

I know I haven't tried it but I'm pretty sure all these years of Sith training have really paid off in that respect. *hisssssss*

OK so maybe my force lightning is invisible to the naked eye but you may very well be dead RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
You're fighting against a tenth generation AI computer with an IQ of 6000 PE teachers.

I don't fancy your chances, old man.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It certainly wasn't perfect, but I appreciated that they even made an attempt at a Batman movie with little to no campiness. It was a fairly believable Batman fro once (except for the incredible logic flaws with the microwave thingy and what it would do to the water supply, that wasn't very well thought out).

And yeah, Katie Holmes was by far the weakest link. There are 50 other A & B list actresses who could have done a better job.

But overall, as a complete Batman nut, I appreciate the effort this time, hopefully they will build on it and make a more compelling, single-story-driven sequel, now that they have the origins and background story set up.

But they should bring Ra's Al Ghul back if only to do a movie version of the mid-70's "Bat-Murderer" arc from the comics, involving Ra's and his daughter Talia. That was a great story...

OMG YOU ARE STILL ALIVE I WANT MY MONEY BACK WACKY!!

WACKY OWES ME 18,000 POUNDS OR LBS OR WHATEVER THE CRAZY BIRITISH MONEY IS !!

bECAUSE that is what he hath charged me for these training in jedi powers!!

$M Gayboy Bruce Wayne

Free Batpole Rides!
Eggs Mayonnaise said:
It certainly wasn't perfect, but I appreciated that they even made an attempt at a Batman movie with little to no campiness. It was a fairly believable Batman fro once (except for the incredible logic flaws with the microwave thingy and what it would do to the water supply, that wasn't very well thought out).

And yeah, Katie Holmes was by far the weakest link. There are 50 other A & B list actresses who could have done a better job.

But overall, as a complete Batman nut, I appreciate the effort this time, hopefully they will build on it and make a more compelling, single-story-driven sequel, now that they have the origins and background story set up.

But they should bring Ra's Al Ghul back if only to do a movie version of the mid-70's "Bat-Murderer" arc from the comics, involving Ra's and his daughter Talia. That was a great story...

I CONCUR!!!! :shock:

CaptainWacky

I'll probably end up getting the DVD for Christmas because it's the "sort of movie" I "like".

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"Hot, wet, shirtless Christian Bale"?

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Eggs Mayonnaise said:

You know, I did like Christian Bale. I thought he did a good job and he really did transform in the mask and the change of voice. The fake beards at the start were totally laughable though. Christian Bale, Liam Neeson, and that ninja/monk dude all had seriously unconvincing cotton wool stuck to their faces for the first part of the movie. But, as reboots go I thought it was basically, like I said before, allright.