Job Hunting Sucks.

Friday

Bazinga!
That is all.

Friday

Bazinga!
Good luck on your interview tomorrow, Loktar!

It's a warzone out there. I was told by one school secretary that they received 126 resumes for one job. I even have people who are saying they'd love to work with me again, but there just are no openings.

I'll just bide my time, and just keep sending in resumes. I'm bound to get a job. Eventually.

Friday

Bazinga!
I left my job with the school system to do at home care for this little boy I had in my class. His stepmom said she wanted to go back to school. I was his CAP (Community Access Program) worker.

Unbeknownst to me, his stepmom has a pattern of deciding to go to school, then dropping out and taking over her son's CAP position. I was her third time screwing her son's worker over.

It pisses me off because I usually make damn sure I have a job before I leave a job. Due to my cancer scare a few years ago, I do not want to ever be without insurance.

But now...no job, no insurance. And I'm stuck looking during a time when the state government is cutting back on teachers.

Yeah, I'm not very happy with Step Mom right now...

Mirah

I love you
So....does this mean you cannot get unemployement inurance? Sorry if that is too personal a question. How long ago did you leave your job with the school system?

Friday

Bazinga!
I left about a year ago.

Unemployment won't work because I can still work respite hours (basically babysitting) for the little boy, or other clients, if they're available. If I file for unemployment, I burn that bridge, and I'd rather not do that.

Financially, I'm good for a couple of months, so I have the temporary luxury of searching for a job I really want. Once September rolls around, tho, things might get a little desperate, and you might find me asking if you want fries with that.