I'm wasting my fucking youth.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
While folks are wanking over the stock market, starting Airlines and selling pieces of amusingly shaped cardboard for ultra billions I am, well..not.

I am doing nothing at all in fact. Haven't for the last YEAR. Actually, what have I done in the last year?

Got laid about 6 times... Sorry, this is unnacceptable and crap. This has been the worst year for getting laid since I left school.

Got drunk a lot and pretty much stayed on Syros. Went to Mykonos once and to Athens twice but nothing major.

Posted an inordinate amount of crap to the point where my writing has actually become half acceptable and my spelling almost perfect. To aggressively force this on my self without noticing has to mean I am doing nothing else with my life.

Keep thinking that I was doing a lot more crazy shit when I was back in England and that I really should go back, get a flat, get a girlfriend, get a job, get a pint of Strongbow and watch the game.

I am starting to get pissed off with my friends here in Greece. Dimitri is just infatuated with Katrina and does nothing but sit doing crossword puzzles while she works in the bar so they don't have to be apart. He was more fun when he hated life.

Jimass is well, I describe him as Noddy grown up. Not much intellectual discussion there, when we do hook up we play Pro Evo 5 and go down the bar, THATS IT.

The rest of my more intelligent Greek mates are all studying in Athens and Thessaloniki so there is NOTHING to do here. I have never been quite so bored in my life. I hardly can ever be bothered to go out and I spend 23 out of every 24 hours on my own doing NOTHING.

I have no TV to watch, everything on my computer has been raped, I don't like playing games anymore and my Internet connection sucks the balls of a large primate.

I really have to get back to England before I lose my freaking mind. It is imperative.

Right, I'm done, I've got nothing more....

C

Cloudy

sometimes having nothing to do is as bad as having too much on. I'd enjoy it while you can though because it probly won't last...

we're the nihlistic doomed youth generation - victims of the vapid, postmodern 21st century. Too intelligent, too much information, too much boredom, too much apathy - too many things we should be doing, but not enough time or motivation -crippled with sensory overload and expectation.....

Neither optimistic or pessimistic, or both simultaneously....

what's the point?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I've done even less than you and I'm three years older. I really should write my book...but how can you write a book if you have no life experience? ANSWER THAT.

C

Cloudy

then write about your nihlistic wasted youth and post-millenium blues.

or write the troll kingdom novel...with saucy gypsies thrown in...

CaptainWacky

I've considered the first but who'd want to read that?!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I have also thought about writing a book. Except I am not a very good writer and I wouldn't know where to start and I would mostly likley get frustrated and annoyed and give up after trying to write something good for the first page.

This is without a doubt the most dull, boring and useless part of my life I have lived upto now. I can't say it's the worst because it isn't close to some of the bullshit I have gotten myself into but at least I didn't have much time to sit around thinking about it. When I say that I have nothing to do I really mean NOTHING.

Ever since I turned 22 in October I have started to feel old. Ok, 22 isn't old at all but it does FEEL old and time skips past so quickly.

we're the nihlistic doomed youth generation - victims of the vapid, postmodern 21st century. Too intelligent, too much information, too much boredom, too much apathy - too many things we should be doing, but not enough time or motivation -crippled with sensory overload and expectation.....

This is quite true. Every Generation has it's issues to deal with and these are ours. Usually a huge war would be keeping us busy as it has previous generations in the past and wipe a good sizable chunk of the population out at the same time. Things are becoming too expensive, it's harder and harder to get on the life ladder and start climbing. I have no fucking way of actually going back to England at this present time and doing anything, it's not feasible, I am STUCK here and it sucks. No intellectual equals either. Not to say that I am especially smart or anything but compared to the bulk amount of people to choose from as potential friends, girlfriends, ect it is pretty thin on the ground. If you enjoy spending time in the Mine Field then you are pretty much screwed for founding any normal bog standard relationship of any worth. People just aint like me!

I am just bored all the time, nothing exciting ever happens. I have done my fair share and then some of exciting stuff in the past but not anymore.

Right, I am officially being a whiny bitch now.

Now for the sterotypical cliche:

Life sucks.

BlazerBoy

Unless there was a lot of sex and sexually explicit innuendo, I wouldn't. And I mean a LOT.

C

Cloudy

Mentalist said:
I have also thought about writing a book. Except I am not a very good writer and I wouldn't know where to start and I would mostly likley get frustrated and annoyed and give up after trying to write something good for the first page.

I've written scripts, but not a book - I have the same feeling, it's too daunting - and too personal. It feels like somebody's watching you as you write, even though that's just paranoia...

Ever since I turned 22 in October I have started to feel old. Ok, 22 isn't old at all but it does FEEL old and time skips past so quickly.

how do you think I feel, youngling - i'm 23!!!! but we're bound to feel old with a youth centered society where wimbledon champions are 14 and pop idol winners are 12......

This is quite true. Every Generation has it's issues to deal with and these are ours. Usually a huge war would be keeping us busy as it has previous generations in the past and wipe a good sizable chunk of the population out at the same time.

septmeber 11 and The war against terror are actually a good thing, in my highly selfish opinion - because they allow me to pretend I'm 'going through' a traumatic period - which is bullshit, but it's certainly meant that we're living through a historic period, and uncertain future...

No intellectual equals either. Not to say that I am especially smart or anything but compared to the bulk amount of people to choose from as potential friends, girlfriends, ect it is pretty thin on the ground.

you don't have to be smart to be intellectual....

I am just bored all the time, nothing exciting ever happens. I have done my fair share and then some of exciting stuff in the past but not anymore.

the past and the future are always better than the present, in my experience.

Now for the sterotypical cliche:

Life sucks.

no it doesn't !!

CaptainWacky

Life usually sucks.

BlazerBoy

When my life starts to suck, I suck back. Obviously, that's not the best of advive for some of you guys, but it works for me. :D

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Mentalist said:
While folks are wanking over the stock market, starting Airlines and selling pieces of amusingly shaped cardboard for ultra billions I am, well..not.

I am doing nothing at all in fact. Haven't for the last YEAR. Actually, what have I done in the last year?

Got laid about 6 times... Sorry, this is unnacceptable and crap. This has been the worst year for getting laid since I left school.

Got drunk a lot and pretty much stayed on Syros. Went to Mykonos once and to Athens twice but nothing major.

Posted an inordinate amount of crap to the point where my writing has actually become half acceptable and my spelling almost perfect. To aggressively force this on my self without noticing has to mean I am doing nothing else with my life.

Keep thinking that I was doing a lot more crazy shit when I was back in England and that I really should go back, get a flat, get a girlfriend, get a job, get a pint of Strongbow and watch the game.

I am starting to get pissed off with my friends here in Greece. Dimitri is just infatuated with Katrina and does nothing but sit doing crossword puzzles while she works in the bar so they don't have to be apart. He was more fun when he hated life.

Jimass is well, I describe him as Noddy grown up. Not much intellectual discussion there, when we do hook up we play Pro Evo 5 and go down the bar, THATS IT.

The rest of my more intelligent Greek mates are all studying in Athens and Thessaloniki so there is NOTHING to do here. I have never been quite so bored in my life. I hardly can ever be bothered to go out and I spend 23 out of every 24 hours on my own doing NOTHING.

I have no TV to watch, everything on my computer has been raped, I don't like playing games anymore and my Internet connection sucks the balls of a large primate.

I really have to get back to England before I lose my freaking mind. It is imperative.

Right, I'm done, I've got nothing more....

Wow. You've done alot more than me. I've spent the last three years mostly watching TV, movies, and playing videogames.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
My life from 14 to 20 was a rollercoaster ride. I have been everywhere from looking at seven years in prison to almost dying three times. From partying everyday of the week and I DO mean partying to taking a surreal amount of drugs and tripping out in the middle of the English countryside.

I have done plenty. And I will do plenty in the future. It's just right now my life is a boring, dull, waste of time. I am learning plenty, I have definitley improved my overall knowledge of the world. I read a lot and this is important. Read, read, read. Very important. But god damn I want something interesting and positive to happen.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Mentalist said:
My life from 14 to 20 was a rollercoaster ride. I have been everywhere from looking at seven years in prison to almost dying three times. From partying everyday of the week and I DO mean partying to taking a surreal amount of drugs and tripping out in the middle of the English countryside.

I have done plenty. And I will do plenty in the future. It's just right now my life is a boring, dull, waste of time. I am learning plenty, I have definitley improved my overall knowledge of the world. I read a lot and this is important. Read, read, read. Very important. But god damn I want something interesting and positive to happen.
Sounds like this is a period of your life meant for reading and reflection. I wish I had taken a time-out earlier and made some serious assessments. If I had, I might have done some things different. Hell I might not even be posting here right now.

But then you would be even more bored than you already are. So now I know my life's purpose up to this moment.

And it still doesn't get me laid.

It's TRUE! LIFE SUCKS!!!

CaptainWacky

AT LEAST YOU HAVE ME.

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
It's a well-known fact that 'youth is wasted on teh young.'

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
Enjoy this time, Menty. It's over far too quickly. LIVE, my friend!

CaptainWacky

If only it were that simple.