I feel disconnected.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Weird, yesterday I simply felt incredibly bored. Today I don't feel bored and I am thinking about what I want to do with quite a few ideas popping to mind. I may go join a Sandman forum, perhaps. I haven't read a few of these issues in years and they are even better than I remember them. And reading the first issues back is good now that I am not confused at all like I remember being when I first started reading the series years ago.

I just feel flat and well, disconnected.

Well, thats me on Sunday. Who knows what tomorrow brings. But it's a fair bet that its a slight variation on every day the last two months.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I've felt like that for five years.

Number_6

beer, I want beer
Huh. Very strange, because both my wife and I feel this way today.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
Sunday doldrums. Tomorrow begins another work week and everyone is filled with ennui for a weekend that promised great adventures, but delivered mindless T.V. viewing.

Number_6

beer, I want beer
More than Sunday doldrums in my case. I need something interesting--something that forces its way into my brain and hooks me.

Of course, I'm also suffering from end of the term doldrums. And I'm looking for another job, and starting to get that "in-between" feeling. Neither here nor there.

I could use a really, really good movie.

We're sort of in the pre-tidal-surge phase before Christmas, too, kids, and winter is coming on.

I always feel weird until the first snowfall and then it's just winter depression until April. Sweet!

Number_6

beer, I want beer
First snowfall? I have complete ground coverage, and my central heating is out until next week, the earliest I can get somebody in to take a look at it.

Yeah, SAD is probably part of it. I could still use a really good film. How's The Life Aquatic? The wife ordered it from Netflix, and it's sitting on the TV.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Number_6 said:
More than Sunday doldrums in my case. I need something interesting--something that forces its way into my brain and hooks me.

Of course, I'm also suffering from end of the term doldrums. And I'm looking for another job, and starting to get that "in-between" feeling. Neither here nor there.

I could use a really, really good movie.

I hope you will join us for the Sandman marathon in the Media Center, Six.

It depends on whether or not you like the super-dry and semi-depressing Bill Murray that appeared in Lost in Translation. I do so I liked it, but the whole thing is dreadfully tongue-in-cheek and it doesn't always stay consistent.

I thought it was worth my time but like I said I really like Bill Murray and my sense of humor is so dry that Bob Newhart is a bit too slapstick for me.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Lost in Translation was a very good movie and Murray was a joy. Wasn't quite perfect though, didn't know what it wanted to be in parts. Cinematography was stunning though.

Number_6

beer, I want beer
Well, we've started it. I found Lost in Translation excellent. One of the best freshman efforts from a director in a long time.

Cheers to Sofia Coppola. May she stop acting and convince her father to stop canning bad champagne with her name on it.

Number_6

beer, I want beer
Mentalist said:
I hope you will join us for the Sandman marathon in the Media Center, Six.

Well, it'll have to wait until after The Life Aquatic.

Friday

Bazinga!
I just received the Sound Of Music 40th Anniversary Edition DVD from Amazon.

Looking forward to sinking my teeth into that.

I know what you guys are saying about that "in between" aimless feeling. Finding a new job helped me overcome that.

That's what you guys need...something to truly care about.

Coppola's documentary on Bob Dylan was excellent, BTW...

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
Ah ah
Something ain't right
I'm gonna get myself
I'm gonna get myself
I'm gonna get myself connected
I ain't gonna go blind
For the light which is reflected
I see thru you
I see thru you
I see thru you
I see thru you
Ya dirty tricks
Ya make me sick
I see thru you
I see thru you
I'm gonna do it again
I'm gonna do it again
Ah ah
I'm gonna do it again
Gotta do right
'Cause something ain't right
Gotta do right
Come on
If you make sure you're connected
The writing's on the wall
But if your mind's neglected
Stumble you might fall
Stumble you might fall
Stumble you might fall
Ah ah
Ain't gonna go blind
I see thru you
I see thru you
I'm gonna get myself
I'm gonna get myself
I'm gonna get myself connected
I ain't gonna go blind
For the light that is reflected
Hear me out
Can ya hear me out
Can ya hear me out
Do it again
Do it again
Do it again
Do it again
I wanna do it again
I wanna do it again
I wanna do it again
Ya terrified
Ain't gonna go blind
Ain't gonna go blind
Here we go
Stumble you might fall
Stumble you might fall
Hear me out
Stumble you might fall
Interstate 5
Stayin' alive
Won't someone try
Open up your eyes
You must be blind
If you can't see
The gaping hole
Called reality
Wanna do it again
I gonna gonna do it again
I wanna do it again
Come on
I'm gonna do it again
Hear me out
Terrified
Something ain't right
Here we go
Stumble you might fall
Stumble you might fall
Stumble you might fall

Menty, you need a-muse-ment, and inspiration.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Actually, Lost on Translation (which I loved) wasn't Sofia's freshman effort. She directed Lick the Star which nobody saw because it was a festival piece, and then The Virgin Suicides, which many saw and some thought was good.

I found TVS interesting and sad, but somewhat off-balance. It goes from offbeat to morose with little in the way of roadsigns. Lots of good actors to enjoy, though: James Woods, Kathleen Turner, Kirsten Dunst, Josh Hartnett, and a lot of teen actors on the way up.

I had my doldrums on Saturday, I was nonactive but generally content today. Monday is going to be the busy start of a hectic week, so now is when the stress starts. I have a voiceover session in about 6 hours (cheesy corporate narration), and then a full shift at work. I foresee a nice 16-hour day ahead that I won't recover from all week, and I have to start my Christmas shopping and attend an out-of-town baptism this weekend.

Come switch with me for a week Menty, maybe the grass is always greener...

CaptainWacky

Is Lost in Translation the one with teh ghost?

CaptainWacky

Sorry about my idiotic post in this serious thread.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
BONC GOES THE WEASEL!!! :bill: