House of the Dragon

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Maybe the servant was a paedo.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Episode 8 was really good, possibly the best episode? I liked how everyone got to be happy for like two minutes! Daemon got to chop a head in half like a watermelon! I think Alicent was genuinely sick of all the shit and wanting to patch things up with Rhaenyra, but then that's ruined by the misunderstanding in the final scene.

When Paddy Considine wins his Emmy he should walk up to collect it wearing the half mask and on a walking stick, holding up the entire show for like ten minutes.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That was a painful trip to the throne, but I was glad to see the looks on Alicent and her father's faces.

The one eyed prince looks like Crispin Glover a little bit. That smirky smirk.

MODMAN

That was a painful trip to the throne, but I was glad to see the looks on Alicent and her father's faces.

The one eyed prince looks like Crispin Glover a little bit. That smirky smirk.

Ahhh... that's who he reminded me of.

CaptainWacky

Aemond (the one-eyed) looks older than Aegon now, it's weird.

Aegon's new actor is also the same age as Olivia Cooke (Alicent.) They didn't really do anything to make Alicent or Rhaenerys look older and I doubt they'll be recast with forty year olds next season...

CaptainWacky

Olivia Cooke was really killing it as Alicent this week with all the disgusted facial expressions at the evil manipulators, sadists and foot-fetishists she's surrounded by.

I've seen people asking why Rhaenys didn't just kill the royal family to "end the war" but there is no war yet. And being a kinslayer is a pretty big deal and they were her cousins. Killing lots of peasants by flying her dragon up through the floorboards though? That's fine!

Is the White Worm supposed to be dead now? I feel like she's have an escape route if anyone ever burned down her whore house.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh she should have melted all of them!

Rhaenys is now the only person on this show I actually like. SHE SHOULD BE QUEEN.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Oh she should have melted all of them!

Rhaenys is now the only person on this show I actually like. SHE SHOULD BE QUEEN.
Queen of the Bastards. Not that she's the only one marrying their cousin or uncle. I swear there is so much inbreeding that I'm surprised that everyone isn't their own grandpa by now.

MODMAN

I watched this a second time with my partner; she's very invested all of a sudden. Not that she wasn't enjoying it, but man - was she pissed at Aegon getting crowned. She even went Mad King at the end with a very loud "burn them all!" - scary!

Also, I love the Alicent / Team Green theme.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
It is pretty funny how by episode 9 we're handwaving rampant incest away as "well it's the Targaryens," but a creepy foot fetish is a bridge too far lol.

CaptainWacky

As I'm on tumblr I've been exposed to a lot of "OMG Aemond and Heleana would be perfect for each other!!!!" gifs (they're brother and sister.)

CaptainWacky

I'll wait until Monday because I can watch it on tv then. I've already been spoiled on the foot-wanking orgy scene.