hey Dirk Funk

aeommai

cookie?
what software did you say you used?

for forums?

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
sweet. MUGEN INFANTRY will be using IPB which is why i was wondering.

and because phpbb blows.

I agree 100%. phpbb is about the worst one out there. One thing that's awesome about IPB is that you can link up memberships on boards so you don't need to register with affiliated boards. You just have one login. What software are they using now?

EDIT: I just looked. They're using SMF. You'll like IPB better. Is this your board or just one you're a member of?

aeommai

cookie?
just a member. i've been studying php though and have been eager to whore myself out to any sites that will pay me something forbeing a tech admin.

really, almost all mugen sites use smf because it's super cheap and because alot of hacks already exist.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I used SMF, an endless accident waiting to happen, fast and free though.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
I started out with SMF. That lasted about a month until the site melted down when I tried to install a chat module. Paul helped me get it back online, then I promptly upgraded to IPB. Best $150 I ever spent. SMF is like driving on Highway 1 in the fog with no guard rail. One mistake, and it's all she wrote.

jack

But you had the biggest and best arcade so its all good.

I still have all 5500 games archived, and access to many more.

jack

I can set up the website again pretty easily if not for anything except the arcade, but that seems superfluous., just need a cheap host.. I still have the site parked at godaddy, and the rent is paid on the URL til 2012

Seph

Retired Account
i eat kids...

Seph

Retired Account
or just as they cum...

Seph

Retired Account
i mean cum

Seph

Retired Account
sorry i mean come...