Branon Braga is a tool. (general Trek thread)

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Been watching Voyager on DVD. The extras include interviews with the writers, producers, production team, and actors. Out of all the people they interview, Branon is THE biggest tool. The other guy I can't stand is Dan Curry. This dude shoots explosions with a high speed camera a gajillion times and it's the only sfx shot he talks about. The way he describes things, they might as well have interviewed the cinematographers on the show.

Ugh… Voyager sucks until the third season. Never watched the whole series until now. I bought all the DVDs of every Trek series I could get my hands on. I'm up to Voyager, so far. Even though I know Braga had a lot to do with the third season, I still think he's the largest tool in all of Trek history. I've met three out of five captains, assorted crew, DeLancie, and a few other Trek actors. The only other guy I didn't like was Avery Brooks. Something about black Americans doing the poetic Maya Angelou/African heritage schtick is tiresome. Not to mention, the inherent racism involved in such a persona.

Every other cast member I've met is cool as can be. Especially the late James Doohan.

Feel free to discuss Trek members you like/dislike. Those you have met at conventions or through work.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Nice to see you again.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Yeah. Where the hell have you been, Conchaga? You missed Blackfoot being let out of DayCare.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
CONCHAGA AND BRAGA RHYME. COINCIDENCE????

The Question

Eternal
I met Doohan at the one and only con I ever went to. Asked him how he learned to do accents. Very cool guy.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
They're especially kind to kids. Some of my fondest memories of Trek were at my first convention. I met Doohan (for the first time), Aberjonios, and Mulgrew. Saw DeLancie in an individual panel. He was awesome.

Sir Stewart and his agent are incredibly polite. One of his ex-wives is from Philadelphia.

Met DeLancie again last year. He's very charismatic.

Every time I've run into Brent Spiner, he's been hysterical. Truly funny and loves his fans. Treats us like family. It's humbling.