Blackfoot's official Dallas Cowboys thread.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
DALLAS COWBOYS.COM

trophys.jpg

DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
South Africa 343

England 386/5 (123.0 ov)

South Africa won the toss and elected to bat

Stumps - Day 3
Basil D'Oliveira Trophy - 2nd Test
Test no. 1944 | 2009/10 season
Played at Kingsmead, Durban
26,27,28,29,30 December 2009 (5-day match)

South Africa 1st innings R M B 4s 6s SR
GC Smith* run out (Cook) 75 256 186 9 0 40.32
58.2 from Onions, Huge mix up between the batsmen! Smith dropped into the off side, and de Villiers, Pietersen-esque, ran down the wicket at him. Smith started to run, hesitated, turned around and Cook ran in to take the bails off, just beating Smith's dive. 166/4

AG Prince c Swann b Anderson 2 8 5 0 0 40.00
2.1 Anderson strikes early! Classic opening wicket, just back of a length, moved a touch away from Prince as he tried to defend off the back foot. It bounced a little more than he expected and ended up fencing, off the shoulder of the bat, to Graeme Swann at third slip. 3/1

HM Amla lbw b Broad 2 35 22 0 0 9.09
9.4 massive blow! The fullest delivery of the match so far, and arguably of Broad's entire tour, as Amla plants his front foot and doesn't even ponder wasting a review on that one. HawkEye shows that that would have hit middle and leg two-thirds up, and England are on fire 10/2

JH Kallis c Collingwood b Swann 75 197 132 7 0 56.81
55.3 got him! That has come out of nowhere, pushed across him, like so many balls before, but this time it gets the outside edge and goes, slightly gently, to Collingwood at slip! Crucial breakthrough 160/3

AB de Villiers c †Prior b Broad 50 149 98 6 0 51.02
88.2 Broad does the trick! Full length, where all the magic happens, and swinging away a touch outside off, de Villiers goes for an expansive drive but nicks it through to Prior. England really needed that. 269/7

JP Duminy lbw b Onions 4 9 9 0 0 44.44
60.1 gone! This time it's dead straight, swinging back at Duminy from that good length which Onions pursues, no uncertainty from the umpire. Onions really deserves that, he has bowled well all day 170/5

MV Boucher† lbw b Swann 39 72 50 5 0 78.00
77.1 well, well, we have a review coming up ... and it's looking good for England ... Swann straightened one from round the wicket, Boucher got in a good stride, but the ball clearly struck pad before bat, and HawkEye suggests it would have hit middle two-thirds of the way up. And that's out! 233/6

M Morkel lbw b Swann 23 87 49 2 0 46.93
95.6 well, that you have to say was coming. Morkel was bamboozled for five deliveries, and this one finally pins him in front of off. He calls for the review, but it's a futile gesture. That struck him on the shin, and that is curtains 285/9

PL Harris lbw b Swann 2 15 12 0 0 16.66
91.5 We have a review, very full and Harris is sweeping rather clumsily, he misses and is rapped him on the pads. Given out but Harris calls for a review. He may think he's hit it but replays don't suggest that. Pitched in line, and hitting, and given out 280/8

DW Steyn c †Prior b Anderson 47 66 58 3 3 81.03
108.3 there it is, the end comes at last, and sadly for Steyn he falls short of his half-century. A short delivery, just straight enough to demand a stroke, and Prior behind the stumps gathers a regulation nick 343/10

M Ntini not out 6 47 30 0 0 20.00

Extras (b 1, lb 17) 18

Total (all out; 108.3 overs; 474 mins) 343 (3.16 runs per over)
Fall of wickets1-3 (Prince, 2.1 ov), 2-10 (Amla, 9.4 ov), 3-160 (Kallis, 55.3 ov), 4-166 (Smith, 58.2 ov), 5-170 (Duminy, 60.1 ov), 6-233 (Boucher, 77.1 ov), 7-269 (de Villiers, 88.2 ov), 8-280 (Harris, 91.5 ov), 9-285 (Morkel, 95.6 ov), 10-343 (Steyn, 108.3 ov)

Bowling O M R W Econ
JM Anderson 23.3 4 75 2 3.19
2.1 to Prince, Anderson strikes early! Classic opening wicket, just back of a length, moved a touch away from Prince as he tried to defend off the back foot. It bounced a little more than he expected and ended up fencing, off the shoulder of the bat, to Graeme Swann at third slip. 3/1

108.3 to Steyn, there it is, the end comes at last, and sadly for Steyn he falls short of his half-century. A short delivery, just straight enough to demand a stroke, and Prior behind the stumps gathers a regulation nick 343/10

G Onions 23 6 62 1 2.69
60.1 to Duminy, gone! This time it's dead straight, swinging back at Duminy from that good length which Onions pursues, no uncertainty from the umpire. Onions really deserves that, he has bowled well all day 170/5

SCJ Broad 20 6 44 2 2.20
9.4 to Amla, massive blow! The fullest delivery of the match so far, and arguably of Broad's entire tour, as Amla plants his front foot and doesn't even ponder wasting a review on that one. HawkEye shows that that would have hit middle and leg two-thirds up, and England are on fire 10/2

88.2 to de Villiers, Broad does the trick! Full length, where all the magic happens, and swinging away a touch outside off, de Villiers goes for an expansive drive but nicks it through to Prior. England really needed that. 269/7

GP Swann 35 3 110 4 3.14
55.3 to Kallis, got him! That has come out of nowhere, pushed across him, like so many balls before, but this time it gets the outside edge and goes, slightly gently, to Collingwood at slip! Crucial breakthrough 160/3

77.1 to Boucher, well, well, we have a review coming up ... and it's looking good for England ... Swann straightened one from round the wicket, Boucher got in a good stride, but the ball clearly struck pad before bat, and HawkEye suggests it would have hit middle two-thirds of the way up. And that's out! 233/6

91.5 to Harris, We have a review, very full and Harris is sweeping rather clumsily, he misses and is rapped him on the pads. Given out but Harris calls for a review. He may think he's hit it but replays don't suggest that. Pitched in line, and hitting, and given out 280/8

95.6 to Morkel, well, that you have to say was coming. Morkel was bamboozled for five deliveries, and this one finally pins him in front of off. He calls for the review, but it's a futile gesture. That struck him on the shin, and that is curtains 285/9

IJL Trott 4 0 19 0 4.75

KP Pietersen 2 0 7 0 3.50

PD Collingwood 1 0 8 0 8.00

England 1st innings R M B 4s 6s SR
AJ Strauss* b Morkel 54 80 67 9 0 80.59
18.4 that's done him this time! The round-the-wicket line, a hint of movement, climbing through the gate and taking out middle stump. No need to review that! 71/1

AN Cook c Kallis b Morkel 118 401 263 11 0 44.86
92.4 got him this time! Morkel continuing around off stump and Cook finally has a nibble at one, catches the outside edge and goes through to Kallis, who makes no mistake. Ends a fantastic fighting innings 297/4

IJL Trott c †Boucher b Morkel 18 39 31 2 0 58.06
27.3 massive wicket, and that will delight South Africa, because it's the irritant Trott. Outside off, cramped for room and forced to play, extra bounce grazed the edge, and Boucher made no mistake! 104/2

KP Pietersen lbw b Harris 31 86 52 4 0 59.61
47.3 huge wicket! Pietersen gone and Harris gets his man! Pietersen had looked edgy against Harris all morning, and he went for another expansive sweep shot here, but it was too full and crashed straight into his pad on middle and off stump. Given out, Pietersen entertained thoughts of a referral but correctly decided against it. So Kallis's drop will not cost South Africa 155/3

PD Collingwood c †Boucher b Duminy 91 283 215 7 0 42.32
113.5 gone! Collingwood's long vigil has ended and he won't make a hundred. Shorter from Duminy, but Collingwood toe-ends his cut shot and Boucher makes no mistake behind the stumps. Good reward for Duminy who has bowled quite nicely here 365/5

IR Bell not out 55 84 5 1 65.47

MJ Prior† not out 11 27 2 0 40.74

Extras (lb 4, w 3, nb 1) 8

Total (5 wickets; 123 overs) 386 (3.13 runs per over)
To bat SCJ Broad, GP Swann, JM Anderson, G Onions
Fall of wickets1-71 (Strauss, 18.4 ov), 2-104 (Trott, 27.3 ov), 3-155 (Pietersen, 47.3 ov), 4-297 (Cook, 92.4 ov), 5-365 (Collingwood, 113.5 ov)

Bowling O M R W Econ
DW Steyn 26 6 60 0 2.30

M Ntini 20 3 79 0 3.95

M Morkel 27 6 69 3 2.55 (3w)
18.4 to Strauss, that's done him this time! The round-the-wicket line, a hint of movement, climbing through the gate and taking out middle stump. No need to review that! 71/1

27.3 to Trott, massive wicket, and that will delight South Africa, because it's the irritant Trott. Outside off, cramped for room and forced to play, extra bounce grazed the edge, and Boucher made no mistake! 104/2

92.4 to Cook, got him this time! Morkel continuing around off stump and Cook finally has a nibble at one, catches the outside edge and goes through to Kallis, who makes no mistake. Ends a fantastic fighting innings 297/4

JH Kallis 14 1 43 0 3.07 (1nb)

PL Harris 23 2 92 1 4.00
47.3 to Pietersen, huge wicket! Pietersen gone and Harris gets his man! Pietersen had looked edgy against Harris all morning, and he went for another expansive sweep shot here, but it was too full and crashed straight into his pad on middle and off stump. Given out, Pietersen entertained thoughts of a referral but correctly decided against it. So Kallis's drop will not cost South Africa 155/3

JP Duminy 13 1 39 1 3.00
113.5 to Collingwood, gone! Collingwood's long vigil has ended and he won't make a hundred. Shorter from Duminy, but Collingwood toe-ends his cut shot and Boucher makes no mistake behind the stumps. Good reward for Duminy who has bowled quite nicely here 365/5

Match details
Toss South Africa, who chose to bat

Player of the match tba

Umpires Aleem Dar (Pakistan) and AM Saheba (India)
TV umpire SJ Davis (Australia)
Match referee RS Mahanama (Sri Lanka)
Reserve umpire JD Cloete

Close of play
day 1 - South Africa 1st innings 175/5 (AB de Villiers 8*, MV Boucher 1*, 61 ov)
day 2 - England 1st innings 103/1 (AN Cook 31*, IJL Trott 17*, 26.2 ov)
day 3 - England 1st innings 386/5 (IR Bell 55*, MJ Prior 11*, 123 ov)

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
They actually played a good game this past Sunday against the Saints. Course the Saints are finally coming down from their run, so they needed to lose a couple.

Cowboys could still get in if the Giants continue to collapse, I'll give you that.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I'm hoping England can push on and make some quick runs tomorrow, perhaps declare by tea, and push for victory on the last day.

jack

Is this rugby or soccer? Forgive me, we don't have real sports in America.

Seph

Retired Account
cricket my friend...

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
No. This is cricket, so it really isn't a real sport in most people's eyes.

I however, love it.

Seph

Retired Account
cricket8.jpg

Seph

Retired Account

I however, love it.

i go to the oval every summer to watch a test. last 2 days.

Weevil

Someone should pit two professional teams from completely different sports against once another.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Football (soccer) sides sometimes play cricket matches against cricketers for charity & testimonials, and vice versa.

However, I'd love to see a snooker player take on a boxer at boxing.

jack

I however, love it.

I LOVE CRICKET. I learned how to play a couple years ago and am part of a small league that plays up north in the summer.

I'm actually starting to get pretty good at it.

Seph

Retired Account
could be interesting, but how do they decide which sport to play?

maybe it should be one neither plays.

Seph

Retired Account
I LOVE CRICKET. I learned how to play a couple years ago and am part of a small league that plays up north in the summer.

the sophisticated gents baseball.

jack

Someone should pit two professional teams from completely different sports against once another.

I think they did that in some weird competition tv game, where they had pro footballers and basketballers compete against each other in various athletic competitions.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος

Of course the social aspect is as important as anything. You spend a lot of time doing nothing, and the team bonding is a qiuicker process as a result.

I played from the age of 12 up until 2 summers ago when my herniated disc meant recovery between matches was no longer as quick as it should be. I wasn't helped by playing over 30 matches a summer.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I think they did that in some weird competition tv game, where they had pro footballers and basketballers compete against each other in various athletic competitions.

Hulk Hogan's celebrity wrestling? LOL, I think not. Watched the final after happening upon it channel surfing. Dennis Rodman - fucking sucked.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
They actually played a good game this past Sunday against the Saints. Course the Saints are finally coming down from their run, so they needed to lose a couple.

Cowboys could still get in if the Giants continue to collapse, I'll give you that.

The Cowboys are already Playoff bound. We play Philly Sunday for the NFC EAST title. The Giants got thier ass kicked by The Carolina Panthers.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
The Cowboys are already Playoff bound. We play Philly Sunday for the NFC EAST title. The Giants got thier ass kicked by The Carolina Panthers.[/color][/size][/b]

Shut the fuck up while I'm hijacking your thread, idiot.

jack

The Cowboys are already Playoff bound. We play Philly Sunday for the NFC EAST title. The Giants got thier ass kicked by The Carolina Panthers.[/color][/size][/b]

Ah, so you'll be going to that game like you did last years?

:::snicker:::