Alcoholism evaluation

Tyrant

I volunteered for one. Did you know that if you have ever drank in the morning, or if you drink to feel normal that both count towards a score? Alleviating symptoms such as a hangover counts.

So if you've ever had hard liquor at say, a wedding, and drank a beer to make the hangover tolerable at any point in your life, that's 2 points. 4 points means you are 85% likely to be an alcholic.

What sort of scam is this? I can understand they want to make the demographic for their treatment as wide as possible, but why don't they just lock up every Pole, Russian, and Irishman to save everyone the trouble?

I'm celebrating with a bit of vodka over my newfound enlightment. Cheers!

Friday

Bazinga!
It's funny. When I was able to drink, I didn't do it that often. Now that I can't, I get the urge more than I used to. Forbidden fruit, maybe?

Enjoy the vodka. :)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
So by their rules, a mimosa with brunch makes you more of an alky if you drink it at 11:59.

I must admit, for the very first time in my life, I had a Bloody Mary with lunch in Vegas to take the edge off my fuzzy head from the previous night's fun. Worked like a charm, I recommend it highly.

Tyrant

If you've ever had a fight while you were drunk, that's a point too. One more and anyone who's done all that is an alcoholic.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I don't need the test, I come from a family of them. It's in my blood.

I went dry for about two years in the 90s just to know I could. It wasn't that hard really. But I've displayed the classic behaviors at other times in my life. Oh well.

It helps that I haven't had to drive a car for over a decade.

Tyrant

I sniffed that out from minute 3. When I brought up real RL problems, like certain problems with my back and cartilege, that's when the bitch got freaked out.

Now I can see some people drinking a lot and some people drinking a little. But this person presented the situation as being 'there is no social drinking, etc, we need to analyze you too.'

She got unnerved when I started to probe about WTF I might have been signing. The whole yarn is almost like a prank a family member offered to me, just to prove that I am some hopeless drunk. I'm quite offended by this, as even though I don't consider myself to be of working-class intelligence, I still share their nectar and reliefs.

It stank of shit the moment she tried to manipulate me into getting another client for her clinic. Prepare yourselves for the outburst:

I think any excess of alcohol I imbibe is a symptom of other nonsense, and I don't care for someone making money off of my personal drama. Trolling is one thing, but please, spare me your uninformed bullshit.

When I told her of old-age tales of getting drunk overseas in the 'old country' with my cousins when I wasn't even of legal age, that counted towards me being an alcoholic. I'll say that my life ain't perfect but I've never once believed that I could solve problems only whilst drunk, like I am now.

I'm very offended at the whole situation. I can tell the difference between life, death, and being drunk, so am I some drunk that needs to be told when enough's enough? You'll have to pardon the [drama] here, but I have stuff I have to solve on my own regardless , and I'm annoyed if not repulsed by the attidute these 'medics' present. After all, they earn their pay from extinguishing a fire, not preventing it.

Cranky Bastard

"There is no social drinking"?

WTF?

I socially drink all the time when visiting friends.
Sheeeit. Some therapists.
handjob.gif

The Harlot

therapists are fucking retarded

if you think about it, they are actually just voyeurs who get off on all the crap they hear ppl tell them day in a day out.

I need another beer, fuck it

Tyrant

NYC therapists.

Have you ever drank in the event of stressful shit? Or at a wedding? I make a big deal out of this because I'm offended by it. Infer your own reasons.

The Harlot

Colonel Kira's Left Tit said:
I think you'll also find that a lot of these people are reformed alcoholics themselves, so they're also transferring their problems onto everyone else. Drinking is BAD, mmkay?

Now, back to my rum and coke.

Yup, back to my beer, then on to another one.

:laugh:

Cranky Bastard

When we went to our family reunion (16 aunts and uncles along with their spouses and a million fucking offspring), we were told not to talk politics, religion, or anything to do with being family.

:eek:

So I was saying, "what the hell are we supposed to talk about then?"

So Miss Tanner and I brought a cooler stuffed with ice and beer. We sat on lawn chairs and built a pile of bottles around us on empty stomachs.

"Why are you guys drinking beer?" - anon relative.

"Cause we can't talk about shit."

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
Messenger said:
I sniffed that out from minute 3. When I brought up real RL problems, like certain problems with my back and cartilege, that's when the bitch got freaked out.

Now I can see some people drinking a lot and some people drinking a little. But this person presented the situation as being 'there is no social drinking, etc, we need to analyze you too.'

She got unnerved when I started to probe about WTF I might have been signing. The whole yarn is almost like a prank a family member offered to me, just to prove that I am some hopeless drunk. I'm quite offended by this, as even though I don't consider myself to be of working-class intelligence, I still share their nectar and reliefs.

It stank of shit the moment she tried to manipulate me into getting another client for her clinic. Prepare yourselves for the outburst:

I think any excess of alcohol I imbibe is a symptom of other nonsense, and I don't care for someone making money off of my personal drama. Trolling is one thing, but please, spare me your uninformed bullshit.

When I told her of old-age tales of getting drunk overseas in the 'old country' with my cousins when I wasn't even of legal age, that counted towards me being an alcoholic. I'll say that my life ain't perfect but I've never once believed that I could solve problems only whilst drunk, like I am now.

I'm very offended at the whole situation. I can tell the difference between life, death, and being drunk, so am I some drunk that needs to be told when enough's enough? You'll have to pardon the [drama] here, but I have stuff I have to solve on my own regardless , and I'm annoyed if not repulsed by the attidute these 'medics' present. After all, they earn their pay from extinguishing a fire, not preventing it.

Oh please. Dude, you can't tell the difference between reality and a message board much less social drinking and problem overindulgence.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
If you drink more than four pints of beer a WEEK then you're an alcoholic according to some scales of retardation.

:roll:

Tyrant

Sarek said:
Oh please. Dude, you can't tell the difference between reality and a message board much less social drinking and problem overindulgence.
"Dude?" I missed you too.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Drinking in the morning to relieve a hangover?

Check!

Drinking in the morning because it was fun?

Check!

Drinking at a family function?

Check!

Drinking at a wedding?

Check!

Drinking to relieve stress?

Check!

Gone on a drinking binge longer than 24 hours straight?

Check! (Cocaine helps accomplish this, btw.)

Gotten drunk alone?

Check!

Gotten drunk socially?

Check!

Spent an entire day enoteca (Italian word for 'wine store') hopping at more than seven establishments in one day?

Double check!

Downed an entire fifth of hard liquor in one sitting?

Check!

Used drugs to enhance drinking or the buzz from drinking?

BIG mothafuckin' CHECK!

Been so intoxicated on alcohol alone that you don't remember the night before?

Check!

Been drunk on the job?

Check!

Driven drunk?

Nope.

Done a keg stand?

Check!

Accomplished all of the above in less than one year?

Check!

I guess I'm an alkie....

Either that, or I have an incredible social life where drinking is accepted and having a good time is the norm.

I stick with the firm belief that alcoholics go to meetings. Everyone else is just having a good time.

Love Child

One Love
And besides, would you agree with me that it is more socially acceptable to go to a bar, get drunk and act like an ass, then it is to go to an AA meeting and claim your alcoholism and then admit it?