Star Trek: Discovery season 4

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I started watching season 4.

4.1 - The episode is titled 'Kobayashi Maru' (because Discovery has to constantly reference things.) The President of the Federation comes on the Discovery for some reason and they just happen to be called to a "no win situation" type mission. I genuinely thought it was going to turn out that the whole thing was a holodeck simulation, with an unaware Michael being tested by the President to see how she'd react to a Kobayahsi Maru situation. But no, it was all real! That's all I remember.

4.2 - What's with all the fucking rocks flying out of the consoles when the ships are taking damage? Why are there rocks in there? What is this, the Enterprise-C? And the fucking FLAMES shooting out in the background of the Bridge! It makes it seem like the ships are much much less safe to serve on than 600 years earlier or whenever TOS was.

"Your robot body is ready!"
"Oh, wow, great! Hey, does this mean you've cured death? Anyone who dies can just be moved into a robot body?"
"No, for some reason only the consciousnesses of some guy named Picard and this one specific Trill ghost can be moved to robot bodies. NOBODY ELSE."
"That's strange..."
"Also your robot body will age and die."
"Wait, what..."
"Just consider yourself lucky we're doing this at all when the whole point of joined Trills is that the host lives on in the symbiont after death."
"Oh yeah, and won't the new host of the symbiont miss having my part of the personality to access?"
"You're such a traitor to your culture!"

Last edited: