Michael Jordan attends ceremony in Wilmington to open medical clinic he funded

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Michael Jordan attends ceremony in Wilmington to open medical clinic he funded​

Michael Jordan attended a ribbon cutting ceremony on Tuesday afternoon to open a medical clinic in Wilmington. The Michael Jordan Family Medical Center is located at the corner of 15th and Greenfield Streets. In February of 2021, Jordan gifted $10 million to Novant Health to build two medical centers in Wilmington. The centers will bring primary care, behavioral health and social support services to areas in need of those resources. Jordan said it was just one way for him to give back to the place he calls home. “Makes it even more special because this is home, this is where I came from. And no matter how you see Michael Jordan, this is where I started, this is where I, I’m always gonna be a part of.” Jordan thanked his mother for the values she instilled in him, which this clinic helps share with the residents of Wilmington.

Novant Health executive vice president John Gizdic said the clinic is realizing the goals Jordan set out to achieve with his donation. Before the ribbon cutting ceremony, Jordan toured the new clinic, which includes 12 patient rooms. It will be open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. This is the 3rd Michael Jordan Family Medical Clinic in North Carolina The second Wilmington-based clinic will be located on Princess Place Drive. Site work is underway at that location.

Click Here For Complete Story

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING