X-Men '97

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

That music just makes me want to mutate in joy.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

The first two episodes were good. Magneto made a good speech. And apparently fucked Rogue.

CaptainWacky

I hope Storm isn't gone for the rest of the season.

CaptainWacky

Third episode was good too and had some cool and actually quite spooky animation at times, but it did feel very rushed. Then again that's in keeping with the original show.

CaptainWacky

Fourth episode - Jubilee and Storm have the horn!

CaptainWacky

Fifth episode - Fucking insane. Starts off as mutant soap opera (not a complaint!) ends in a massacre with two main characters dying!? It's the most X-Men thing to ever X-Man.

SAUSAGEMAN

I've been liking this quite a lot. You can really feel the love and thought that went into it, just a bunch of unnecessary details and touches that make the whole thing so much better. I'm enjoying the almost BSG-like foreshadowing they do by changing the credits every week to include different characters.

CaptainWacky

I noticed Nightcrawler and Gambit fighting back to back in the credits this week, which hasn't happened yet. I'm wondering if it was a fakeout so we wouldn't think what happened to Gambit would happen? Or it could be Morph pretending to be Gambit (or resurrection but I hope they wait a while before that.)

Nightcrawler bamfing around hugging everyone was adorable.

SAUSAGEMAN

Well they're not necessarily things that are literally going to happen, but rather "here are some important characters". Like last week, we got a shot of the Hellfire Club in the opening, and they showed up this week.

StarMan™

Might have to make the effort to watch this.

Was just flicking thru my X-Men Fleer '94 card set the other day. Loved the OG series when I was younger.

CaptainWacky

It's really good (and even if you can't remember everything about the original series, still easy to follow.)

SAUSAGEMAN

Well they're not necessarily things that are literally going to happen, but rather "here are some important characters". Like last week, we got a shot of the Hellfire Club in the opening, and they showed up this week.
See, two shots of Nimrod in the opening credits this week, but he wasn't in the ep. Does that mean he's definitely for sure behind the attack on Genosha last week and will be showing up soon? Yes.

CaptainWacky

I loved Xavier stopping a Shi'ar civil war by taking them all to school.

CaptainWacky

Bastion is weirdly sexy.

CaptainWacky

I wonder how he got out of the enternal time-locked battle with Red Skull he was stuck in when we last saw him in the Spider-Man cartoon (it was in the same continuity as the original series...probably doesn't matter now!)