TorrentSpy shuts down to US searches?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Got this message at their site just now when doing a search:
Torrentspy Acts to Protect Privacy

Sorry, but because you are located in the USA you cannot use the search features of the Torrentspy.com website.Torrentspy's decision to stop accepting US visitors was NOT compelled by any Court but rather an uncertain legal climate in the US regarding user privacy and an apparent tension between US and European Union privacy laws.
I just used them last night, so the change must have just happened...sucks.

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
That sucks. And right when i was going to look for some stuff.

BlazerBoy

Appears to be so, I guess. As a funny aside, I couldn't help but notice that Miss South Carolina's horrible answer during the Miss Teen USA competition is listed as one of the top videos there. :D

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
I noticed this earlier. Pretty stupid, and it can be circumvented with a proxy, but Torrentspy has been getting increasingly useless lately anyway. There are always other sources.

BlazerBoy said:
As a funny aside, I couldn't help but notice that Miss South Carolina's horrible answer during the Miss Teen USA competition is listed as one of the top videos there. :D

That thing is everywhere now. I'd feel sorry for her but as they say, "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Demonoid and Mininova are where it's at.

IF either of them don't have what I'm looking for (a rarity) then and only then will I go further afield.

Cacophony

lkjewro23piqjur2oijkslfaw e
I used to use TorrentSpy until I started using Demonoid.

My friend relies heavily on TS, she'll probably flip a shit when she finds that she can't access it anymore.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I read somewhere that TS did the shutdown because the RIAA was about to get access to their downloader records.

If so, thanks Torrentspy!

i noticed this as well. But in the past several months the intrusive pop-ups & tracking cookies have been in such abundance i have stopped going there for the most part. i say...GOOD RIDDANCE!!

pirate bay
mininova
isohunt

my fav sites to frequent.:)

BlazerBoy

DAMMIT! Mininova is having some sort of SQL issues and of course TorrentSpy is gone.......

ARGH! Its getting so hard to steal copyrighted materials these days.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I really hope that Demonoid hasn't been downed. But didn't they just restore from a back-up about a month ago?