Stroganoff

Love Child

One Love
So I can follow the recipe on the back of the bag of noodles, and it turns out fine.
Or I can change it to my liking-and I just can't get it right.
I like to use a higher grade ground meat with very little fat.
This gives the stroganoff very little flavor.
Oh, I could use more Worsteshire sauce, but the person I make it for doesn't care for it-so I'm kind of screwed. Any suggestions?

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
Get rid of the ground beef and go with a good sirloin or fillet mignon. Cut it into strips about 1 1/2 inches long and a 1/2 inch thick.

1 garlic clove
1/4 cup Burgundy or 1/4 cup sweet sherry

Sometimes I substitute a bit of hot sauce for pepper. Not enough to drown the taste, but enough to let you know it's there.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
In that old thread where I posted my Skin stories (Minefield where we needed 28,000 posts to make it to the big board relm) I posted several different recipes for Beef Stroganoff -- all very good, very tasty, and ones that I have followed to the letter and also modified to suit my whim. If you can find those old threads, it may be worth it to try out. Otherwise, I can repost them.

Cranky Bastard

If you like the meat, use ground buffalo instead of ground beef. Cleaner taste, a hint of fat, and better for you.

Production cows eat treated grains that are full of pesticides and watered with treated water that has flouride, mercury, and aluminum - the combo is increasing the contracture rate of Parkinson's in kids. Especially when taken in the form of milk. Full fat Half and Half is much healthier as all that is separated out.

Anyway, cows eat treated grain, drink treated water (when they aren't slurping their own piss puddles) and are one filthy fucking animal.

Buffalo eat grasses and sprigs (thus the natural flavor) and generally drink out of streams and creeks. They aren't dirty animals. Their meat cooks cleaner, is free of pesticides and other bullshit, and tastes one hell of a lot better.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
How are you making the cream? Sometimes the neutrality of the cream can overpower a stroganoff. Try adding more flavor to the cream and switching to 1/2 to 1/4 inch strips of organic beef or steak like sarek stated. That'll help a good bit.

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
Stroganoff is best if roud steak is used. Ground beef always adds grease.