Salsa

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Does anyone else around here enjoy salsa? I went to a local christmas fair and found a booth selling about 30 different types of salsa and they had free samples out for all of the varieties with signs telling you how hot they were. So, I started at the lowest end of spice and worked my way up. These guys had some amazing salsas. I ended up coming home with four jars of salsa, each one containing a different type. They had garlic and olive salsa, garden fresh cilantro salsa, raspberry bbq chipotle, and another which I can't remember. Anyway, I was eating some of the raspberry bbq chipotle salsa and I just couldn't stop. I must've worked my way down a third of the jar before I had my fill. And at $4 a pop it was definitely worth the money. Some of the best salsas I've ever tasted.

www.josemadridsalsa.com

Feel free to explain some of the salsas that you folks have had and enjoyed the most. I absolutely love tortilla chips and salsa for a snack.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
By the way, their site has a whole bunch of really cool recipes that you can use their salsas in.

Ned Gauthier

I love salsa. While I'm fond of making a homemade pico de gallo when there's an abundance of fresh tomatoes, I'm not above buying jarred brands. In fact, I think Pace Picante Salsa, medium heat, is an excellent salsa. I enjoy it with chips and flautas and burritos.

for a higher-end brand, I favor desert pepper roasted tomato salsa, as well as many of their other products.

Excellent thread, Conchaga, I commend you for it. I look forward to looking around the salsa website you linked above.

Cranky Bastard

I tend more towards hot sauces, than salsa.

My favorite was called "Extreme Damage" and showed a burning skeleton on the label. Not as hot as Dave's Hell Sauce, and had a good flavor.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
There's a store near me that is devoted to nothing but hot sauce. Lemme see if I can't find a link. The whole place is crammed ceiling to floor with hundreds of hot sauces. My exgirlfriend's uncle runs the place. Really great guy.

Cranky Bastard

Cool. I misquoted. Suzie's reminded me it's Dave's Insanity sauce.

Cranky Bastard

I have some Melinda's Habanero Garlic in the fridge, too. I like putting it on my home-made burritos.

Cranky Bastard

Rectal Rocket Fuel

24.gif

I've all tried the 100% Pain.

Ned Gauthier

I really enjoy the caribbean style hot sauces. They really stick with you.

Also, el yucatero habanero. woof.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Ned Gauthier said:
I really enjoy the caribbean style hot sauces. They really stick with you.

Also, el yucatero habanero. woof.

Caribbean style sauces are called 'jerk' spices.

Spyda

any salsa, sauce or curry that goes over the 'too hot' mark that you can't taste, well... just isn't food

Cranky Bastard

Unless what you're eating tastes like cardboard.

I tell the waitress to bring me Tobasco when there's a new cook. That way if it sucks shit, I can douse the breakfast and drown the taste.

They're always relieved when my plate doesn't have pools of red sauce floating around.

Spyda

Cranky Bastard said:
Unless what you're eating tastes like cardboard.

I tell the waitress to bring me Tobasco when there's a new cook. That way if it sucks shit, I can douse the breakfast and drown the taste.

They're always relieved when my plate doesn't have pools of red sauce floating around.

that just proves you know sod all about grub

ps cardboard ain't grub ;)

Cranky Bastard

Pppbbt.
cheeky-smiley-022.gif

When eating at a restaurant and the cook can't get it right is not an indicator of me not knowing what good food is.

:|

Spyda

Cranky Bastard said:
Pppbbt.
cheeky-smiley-022.gif

When eating at a restaurant and the cook can't get it right is not an indicator of me not knowing what good food is.

:|

yeah right...
blame it on the chef

Cranky Bastard

So is your choice of can Alpo, or do you pretend to have a finer palate: Friskies?