Get your booty to the polls

The Question

Eternal
Wikipedia being far left, what they call "far right" sounds just about center.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Opinions are like assholes I guess. Everyone gets to have one even if they're cracked and have a hole in theirs.

The Question

Eternal
:wtf:

How can you have a hole in a hole?

jack

Do you believe Trump won Alaska and and North Carolina, as reported yesterday?

The Question

Eternal
Not until they certify it. Nobody wins on the media's say-so. The media does not have that power, and no one should make the mistake of believing that the media has that power. They do not pick the winner, and by reporting a win for either candidate prematurely, as they have done, they discredit themselves utterly. Just as Fox has done; of course, Fox doubled down, in the person of Neil Cavuto, and blatantly censored information he didn't want the viewers to see. For a lot of people, that was the straw that's going to break Fox's back.

124653633_10160203313125410_6243435330442406983_o.jpg

Last edited:

jack

So you're ok with the Trump campaign trying to blocking legal certification before they contest the vote? All the AG's involved (3 of which are Republican) seem to think there's been no fraud. In that case, why block certification?

The Question

Eternal
So you're ok with the Trump campaign trying to blocking legal certification before they contest the vote? All the AG's involved (3 of which are Republican) seem to think there's been no fraud. In that case, why block certification?

Because those three AGs might be wrong. If you're sure there's been no fraud, what's the problem with letting that be proved?

Voting is one of our most important rights and duties as citizens. Election integrity, therefore, is (or ought to be) one of our top priorities as citizens who give informed consent to be governed.

If there was fraud, wouldn't you want to know that? Want it prevented from ever happening again? If there was no fraud, wouldn't you want that definitively laid to rest now?

It's possible that Biden may legitimately have won. If so, fine. It's also possible that Trump may legitimately have won. Whoever does win will absolutely need, and absolutely ought to want, for there to be zero shadow of doubt in the voters that that win was indeed legitimate. Biden should be as interested in laying fraud allegations to rest as Trump is in proving them.

Opposition to investigations, rather than active encouragement of them, raises more suspicion -- right or wrong -- than it puts to rest.

Last edited:

The Question

Eternal
By the way, yes, I'm also saying that Trump mishandled his response to the Mueller investigation; as in, he should have given no response(s) to it. Should have kept his mouth shut and let it proceed to fall flat, as it eventually did. But he did himself no favors barking about it.

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Would you agree that Trump has already checked out of his presidency? All he talks about now is the media channel he wants to start to take down Fox News, which is something he can't do until he's out of office. A military helicopter crashed in Egypt today with American fatalities, and all he's been tweeting about this morning is Fox News.

He and his team know the recounts and lawsuits have no hope of changing the outcome. They're doing it for other reasons, namely to make Biden's transition as rocky as possible, to leave him a shambles of a gov't to start with, and to scam one last pile of money from his gullible followers to pay down campaign debt before making a hasty exit.

The Question

Eternal
Would you agree that Trump has already checked out of his presidency? All he talks about now is the media channel he wants to start to take down Fox News, which is something he can't do until he's out of office. A military helicopter crashed in Egypt today with American fatalities, and all he's been tweeting about this morning is Fox News.

Maybe so. Or maybe, like any reasonable person, he's just setting up a Plan B but isn't giving up on Plan A until it actually falls through.

As for your conjecture about his motives for doing so, that's all so much
iu

Doesn't get any more true or less easily dismissed 4 years on.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Even Karl Rove says the election won't be overturned. But okay.

The Question

Eternal
Even Karl Rove says the election won't be overturned. But okay.

Would that be Dubya-era neocon Karl Rove? I don't know if you know this, but corporatist warhawks don't represent conservatives any more than they represent Americans in general. Trump was as much a repudiation of that version of "Republicans" as he was of smug, elitist Democrats and those indoctrinated to passively accept (and, bizzarely, even actively defend) either.

In short, if you're trying to suggest that Karl Rove is "a guy on your side!" ...I and millions of others already knew he wasn't, a long time ago.

Addendum: I know, right? A non hawk, non religious center right type person?! Preposterous. But, cartoon-like hyperbole aside, that's what you're actually dealing with here. A thing which I will never admit after this post and will in fact deny with said cartoonish hyperbole hereafter.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Karl Rove and Roger Ailes were the original architects, in the 1970s, of the decades-long campaign of gaslighting and fear-mongering that basically laid out the red carpet for a clown figurehead like Trump when the time was right. They needed a vessel to finish the job of establishing permanent minority rule over America, and he and his foreign backers saw a mutual benefit to him being that vessel.

The only people in Trump's circles who really believe he should fight are the ones who know they will be indicted once he's out of office. None of this, not one small angle anywhere in it, has to do with the fairness of elections, or the best interests of the American people, right left or sideways. This is all about a bunch of criminals trying to avoid justice. And they've shown they are willing to burn down the country to do it. And they frame the narrative for this greedy enterprise to people like you as if they are folk heroes restoring the Old Cracker Order of things.

The Question

Eternal
So, question: If Trump ultimately wins, is that whole "healing and unity" bit still a thing? Or is that only if y'all get your way? Asking for a country.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Trump can't "win". At this point if he's still installed as President next year, it was because a coup was staged.

He lost the election. That's the reality.

The Question

Eternal
Trump can't "win". At this point if he's still installed as President next year, it was because a coup was staged.

You misspelled, "thwarted." So I'll just jot that down as a 'No', on the "healing and unity" thing, then, shall I?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Follow your bliss. I've had my fun today.

The Question

Eternal
I'm still kind of tripped out trying to get a grasp on the theoretical negative-space asshole-hole.