Annoying Phrases or Word Trends

Mirah

I love you
Elevate

Don't tell me I am going to elevate my wardrobe or outfit with another piece of clothing or jewelry. Just don't.

The original thread is linked below and no longer able to be replied in.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Yeah wth happened with The Tea Room?

Mirah

I love you
tv land omg GIF by #Impastor

jack

"Sorry, not sorry."

Mirah

I love you
Some tea sounds soo good right now

I have been out of my chamomile lavender and all I have left is ginger or turmeric

I might have some peach

I just want a bitter berry flowery something something to sip on

jack

Keep me in the loop

The Question

Eternal
Verbs as nouns, or vice versa.

"I'm adulting!"

Yeah, pretty sure you're not, when you use the English language the way a five year old does.

Mirah

I love you
Lets just lust everything the current generation says.
One word responses, such as, "relatable"

The Question

Eternal
The misuse of 'toxic' to describe something or someone that's unpleasant, rather than something which contains chemical compounds classified as toxins.

jack

What are your druthers?

The Question

Eternal
Well, I ain't jes' rightly shore! But Ah teyll yew hwut! If'n I had my druthers, I wouldn't hafta do no more gazintas!
Cowboy Yeehaw Agenda GIF by NPO Radio 2

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Verbs as nouns, or vice versa.

"I'm adulting!"

Yeah, pretty sure you're not, when you use the English language the way a five year old does.
I use that word all the time when I got to do laundry, pay bills, clean my apartment or some other unpleasant task.

The Question

Eternal
I use that word all the time when I got to do laundry, pay bills, clean my apartment or some other unpleasant task.
Well, that misuse of the word is -- ironically -- infantile.

Here's a couple more along that same infantile theme:

"Tiddies" instead of titties (because children under five years old tend not to have developed the pronunciation skills to tackle hard consonants yet).

Worse still: "Mommy milkers."

It's as if popular culture is driving adults back to toddlerhood. And I'm not really going for an Alex Jones hat, here, but I don't see turning out generations of adults who actually crave dependence and to be dictated to by "authority figures" as being a good thing.

Mirah

I love you
I haven't heard those phrases. But I do get annoyed when I hear tig ol bitties.